Bridget Jones 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Bridget Jones 3

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Smoke My Cigar, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Hmm I really don't know what to think about this. I love both the books, the first film and like the second one, but a third? Really?

2. I'm excited. Even if it's much worse than the other two it will be a lot better than most of the chick-flick tripe that gets churned out nowadays.

3. It's a bit much but I'm hoping it'll be brilliant.

The first is a bonafide rom-com classic & the second isn't all that bad, I absolutely adore the last 15 minutes or so with the changing into horrific outfits while the taxi is waiting, getting soaked (twice!) & then bursting into Mark's meeting at the embassy or whatever.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I don't know the books very well, but is there still material there to base this movie on, or will it be an 'original' story?

5. It'll be based on some diary entries that Helen (Fielding) published in a paper in 2005/2006. I never read those articles, but read the first two books. According to what I've read online about the 2005 piece it wasn't well received by critics or fans and ended with Bridget having a baby by Daniel. The first two films rarely stayed true to the books anyway.

6. At least it won't have Kate Hudson in it anyway

7. The first film was actually reasonably faithful to the book. The second was virtually re-written - not very well, I might add - so that Hugh Grant would actually have a significant role.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.