Bright Light Bright Light - Choreography, Tales of the City and Cinematography EPs | The Popjustice Forum

Bright Light Bright Light - Choreography, Tales of the City and Cinematography EPs

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Eel_Ssab, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On May 20th he's performing the first single (All In the Name) from the new album live on the Graham Norton tv show. Exciting!

He's doing it with Elton John though. Not sure if he's just performing with him or if Elton is actually on the song and album but I was hoping his involvement would be limited to that one song and tour they did. Can't stand the man.

mynextrick likes this.
  2. I don't really care for Elton either but his voice just doesn't suit duets. His Pet Shop Boys one sounds so odd to me. Still, if it gets Rod on BBC1 then I'm all for it.

3. New video / single -

So smiley! God he's adorable.

Album art, title and tracklist -
    [​IMG]

01. All In The Name (feat. Elton John, Alan Cumming, Jake Shears, Ana Matronic, Del Marquis & Mykal Kilgore)
    02. Symmetry Of Two Hearts (feat. Elton John)
    03. How Does It Feel
    04. Running Back To You (feat. Elton John)
    05. Kiss For Kiss (feat. Jake Shears)
    06. I Only Want To Please You (feat. Ana Matronic)
    07. Into The Night
    08. Home (feat. Alan Cumming)
    09. Little Bit
    10. Careful Whisper
    11. Won't Do (feat. Mykal Kilgore)
    12. Where Is The Heartache

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  4. Amazing photography skills. Amazing Photoshop job. Amazing new logo.

The song could use a few less horns (?) to be amazing, I think. No Love Pt II, that's for sure.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. A&E

A&E

Oh. This song isn't my cup of tea at all. Glad he seems to be having fun though.

6. The song is just a loud of noise to me. The melodies are all so flat - doesn't jump out at all.

7. New song sounds good and he seems set for a breakout but I'm slightly worried by the amount of featurings on the album. I'm here for an album of him singing!

8. Elton John's part is so horrible, I'm not here for him. Ana Matronic might be interesting though.

9. NO! Ana Matronics faux seductive (which just sounded smug) talking absolutely ruined the single version of Good Luck for me.

10. Ana is amazing.

The amount of feature credits is alarming (I really could do without Elton on 3 bloody tracks) but Mykal is great and Ana is always welcome. Intrigued by Alan Cumming being on here ha.

Also, I find it kind of amusing there's a load of feature credits on this because I've been really enjoying his solo piano versions album recently.

biffy77 likes this.
  11. I came in here to express joy for Scissor Sisters but ALAN CUMMING!?!? YAAAAAAS KING.

Eel_Ssab likes this.
  12. Nice song!
    The cover is amazing! I love it!

Too many elton john features for my taste but it might be ok.

biffy77 likes this.
  13. I'm so ready for this, that has to be my favorite album art in a while. Also with how much Elton's voice clashes with Rod's I'm not really excited for all the features, but it's subtle enough on the first single.

14. He truly is.

The song is cute, but not my cup of tea too. He's talented, but I think he should work with younger artists (I wouldn't mind a Florrie feat, it could be the next Never Forget You). All these Elton John collabs might give him a bit more of exposure, but he's aiming at an audience that won't most likely follow him.

15. The song works with the video, but outside of that it's not the best listen. Hopefully he'll come through on the album.

16. It was good idea to serve GAP ad realness in the video. It's inexpensive to do but looks nice and sleek.

17. Was lucky enough to see the recording of Graham Norton last night, met Rod and got a signed album which is FANTASTIC - all the collaborations are subtle and there are some beautiful melodies in there - my favourite at the mo is Won't Do - Mykal and Rods vocals work excellently together. A new favourite every five minutes though - a really great album and make sure to watch the show tonight!

Daniel L, thefaceofyou and cortex like this.
  18. p.s Diana Vickers was in the audience too looking hot to trot.

biffy77 likes this.
  19. I loved Mykal's ad-libz on Feel It.

20. Sooooo jealous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.