Bright Light Bright Light - Fun City (2020) + General Discussion | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

Bright Light Bright Light - Fun City (2020) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dennis, Jul 6, 2010.

1. The remaster went up on Spotify a few weeks ago and it sounds MUCH better so it's worthwhile releasing it physically.

I'll definitely be adding the vinyl to my collection, it's one of my favourite albums of all time.

2. I never got to snag the original on vinyl so I defineitly will be this time. I have my original (signed <3) CD but I kind of want to grab the 2 disc edition this time too.

Daniel L, londonrain and andru like this.
  3. Hope this means the 'new batch' tracks will go up digitally as well. So annoyed that he took them down!

londonrain likes this.
  4. All vinyl/cassette purchases include a digital download of the 2CD material, including The New Batch.
    http://www.brightlightx2.com/mmbih

HEARTCORE and londonrain like this.
  5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

There’s also a new track called Inside Out and a new remix of Disco Moment.

6. Inside Out isn't new though. There are two versions out already. The 'normal' version and a solo piano version with James Yuill.

IceflamePhoenix and andru like this.
  7. I’m a bit disappointed with the track listing as I don’t think any of the “new” songs are strictly new or unreleased as he’s implying.

Sweet Music likes this.
  8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Wait, really? When did he release them?

9. londonrain likes this.
  10. londonrain likes this.
  11. Saw him last night in Toronto, it was his first ever show in the city! What a fabulous performer, he is so emotive, lots of posing, and even more gorgeous up close in person! I got to meet him (he was selling his own merch!) and he signed a copy of the Choreography vinyl for me. I already had a copy but didn't think to bring it along with me so I just bought another.

BrightLightx2.jpg

12. I'm listening to the MMBIH re-issue and noticed that they are all different and tweaked tracks rather an straight re-issue or re-master (Moves is most noticeable for a new intro and Cry At Films has the ending he tends to do in live sets). I'm not sure if I am keen. You know when you listen to something so many times that any deviation is a bit sacrilegious?

biffy77 and andru like this.
  13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I'm listening to his Christmas EP again and thought it was worth posting this, from back in 2012.

The studio version on the EP is possibly my favourite version of the song.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    magictreehouse, Angeleyes and andru like this.
  14. Rod shared the unreleased video for Grace today

IceflamePhoenix and londonrain like this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

My copy of the remastered and expanded Make Me Believe In Hope CD arrived on Friday. It looks great! I'm happy he decided to reissue it properly.

andru likes this.
  16. jtm

jtm

I‘m so glad I discovered him. So many fantastic songs. Run With Us is my favorite! Sadly only one of his albums (but a bunch of EPs) seems to be on Apple Music.

andru and londonrain like this.
  17. I got my Make Me Believe In Hope vinyl today with a nice little note from Rod.

I don't see a download code anywhere though, can someone point me in the right direction? I've checked the emails too.

londonrain likes this.
  18. Are you sure about this? All three of his records should be up.

jtm and londonrain like this.
  19. The little thank you notes were a very nice touch!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.