Bright Light Bright Light - Fun City (2020) + General Discussion | Page 47 | The Popjustice Forum

Bright Light Bright Light - Fun City (2020) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dennis, Jul 6, 2010.

1. It’s out and it’s his best yet!

andru likes this.
  2. The new song is cute but I don’t think anything will ever top the sheer brilliance of Make Me Believe In Hope for me. Still, I can’t help but root for him. He genuinely seems like such a nice guy and incredibly passionate about what he does. Happy that he’s figured out a business model that allows him to keep doing what he wants to do.

biffy77, Shocked, HEARTCORE and 3 others like this.
  3. The new album is called Fun City... he really does love New York.

biffy77, andru and londonrain like this.
  4. Can I also recommend the Poolside Disco Mix and So Hard House Vocal which are both produced by Rod. So Hard House Vocal is my favourite version of the song.

5. I'm not feeling this if I'm honest. I'm a huge fan and think he has done some of my absolute favourite out-and-out pop songs of the last decade- Disco Moment, I Believe, Running Back To You, Into The Night, Where Is The Heartache are all some of my favourite songs of all time- but I didn't love his last "Tough Love" EP and also not loving this. I do love how loud and obviously gay the whole thing is though- the man is an icon! The styling and imagery in some of the recent photos!!

Timbo and Eel_Ssab like this.
  6. Hopefully there’ll be something on the album for you.

7. I agree with everything you said @Coochi , this and his last few releases haven't grabbed me at all but I am a big fan of a lot of his material in the past.

Bleu Noir likes this.
  8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

He’s been on Instagram live for most of tonight, singing and DJing. Donna DeLory and Niki Harris showed up for a bit.

IceflamePhoenix likes this.
  9. His stream tonight has been phenomenal.

Rachel Stevens
    Geri Halliwell
    NSYNC
    Bananarama
    Louise.

Island, biffy77, FrancoisDit and 2 others like this.
  10. New track out May 1st with Jake Shears.

wodny, Edu, biffy77 and 4 others like this.
  11. I've got into the Poolside Mix of This Was My House lately and I wish he had have used this or the Hard House version as the main single mix

12. The album track listing is up on iTunes with an 18 September release date. Features on all but 1 track, definitely looks like fun!

13. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Mark Gatiss has a feature on one of the songs??? Interested to see what that turns out to be.

14. Every song but one having a feature sounds like a nightmare.

Entropy and Eel_Ssab like this.
  15. Jam

Jam

Was suprised at the number of features (Choreography suddenly looking empty in comparison) but very much looking forward to the album, which comes out just before my birthday.

16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

He's really embracing the cartoon aesthetic for this era, huh?

[​IMG]

Also, not Rod serving "I love New York" part 2520 with that title. We get it, we get it. You love New York.

17. Meanwhile, the title to track 6 is serving full-on Queen Tisdale

18. I love the album cover and the aesthetic. Such a fun shift from 'Choreography', but still totally on brand.

x

19. With This Was My House the features really added to the song where as, I’m afraid, seems to just detract from it.

20. I would have to agree. The song with Jake doesn't feel like a collaboration, and more like something that was done for clout.

Very curious at the Andy Bell song. He's done Elton, he's done Andy... maybe he'll chase the Pet Shop Boys next.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.