Bright Light Bright Light - Fun City (2020) + General Discussion | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

Bright Light Bright Light - Fun City (2020) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dennis, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Andy is the only collab I’m excited for! Shears didn’t distract but also didn’t add to the song.

2. Rod's released another collection of old songs re-recorded live during isolation. Bandcamp are waiving their fees for today, and Rod will donate that to Black Lives Matter.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  3. “I Used To Be Cool” is the next single, out June 30th.

lushLuck likes this.
  4. I’ll have to be honest the overwhelming number of features is turning me off this release. Especially since her admitted all the songs have been written in their entirety before asking other to sing a verse/line. I suspect I’ll enjoy the songs just don’t expect to enjoy it as a collection as much as his other releases.

5. Out at midnight - "I Used To Be Cool" EP which includes the new single (and the only track on the new album not to have a feature!) with a few remixes.

Tracy Jacks, Jam, Jones322 and 2 others like this.
  6. I love just how gay and outrageously camp that is, haha.

londonrain and Mikey1701 like this.
  7. Uno

Uno

The song is cute but doesn't really take off anywhere like This Was My House did.

The video is very... Fire Island to me.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. She's cute and the video is a scream but it's nothing particularly special.

9. The video is funny (maybe, kinda, in a clichéd way) but for me, it does absolutely nothing to lift the song. More to the contrary.

10. This is actually my favorite of the three new songs.

Poker Pro, Daniel L and andru like this.
  11. That was hot

Angeleyes likes this.
  12. Pre-save the album on Spotify, Apple Music, etc and get a free bonus track of “Spinning The Wheel” (a George Michael cover) to download.

https://orcd.co/funcitybonuspresave

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  13. I appreciate him looking like a zaddy in the video.

14. So Rod's giving out a bonus song on Instagram to all who have preordered the album (and have the screengrab to prove it). Do we know if it's the same Spinning the Wheel cover he gave out for pre-saves, or a different song?

andru likes this.
  15. I don't see the post for some reason, can you share a link to it?

16. It's from his mailing list (remember those?):

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRE-ORDERS FOR 'FUN CITY' ...!

We're almost on track for a great first week position come September 18th, which is so encouraging and so appreciated! I'd love to send everyone a huge thank you, so here's what you can do if you'd like one!

DM me on Instagram at @brightlightx2 and send me a photo of your pre-order or your Spotify / Apple Music pre-save and you'll be sent a bonus song as a thank you!

** If you don't use Instagram you can email [email protected] with a screengrab also!

Thank you once again! xx

londonrain and andru like this.
  17. Thanks for sharing. For some reason I didn't get the email although I'm subscribed (I think...). I've just messaged him, so let's see if it is Spinning The Wheel or something different!

adayasatiger likes this.
  18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It is Spinning The Wheel.

andru and adayasatiger like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.