Britney Spears - Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an adequate club banger and will do good business, but I agree with those who find it a bit lacking. I think the vocals let it down - they're overly flat and don't seem to fit the track in places. Too much autotune?

re: ranking of lead singles - what's with the under-ranking of ...Baby One More Time? It's a timeless perfect slice of teen pop. I find it and Gimme More are easily ahead of the others, which rank from "sufficient" (Oops I Did It Again) to "terrible POS" (Me Against the Music).

paul lekakis said:
The Flanger/Phaser Effect during the spoken parts make her sound...old.

What does this effect actually do? I've tried looking it up on google, but I don't understand all of the jargon. Is it splitting the components of her voice?

Is it this effect that distorts her voice when she says "You say I'm crazy, I got your crazy, you're nothin' but a womanizer". I wasn't sure if it was actually her saying it or not?!

PS. I cant rank the songs. My preference changes almost daily!

Yep! I am bit surprised by how high people are rating this song. Seriously, above Oops I Did It Again? Really? Maybe this just reflects fan excitement. The fans are in the zone, so to speak.

It just seems kind of repetitive and predictable to me. I don't love Britney, so I won't blather on, but I'd actually say Gimme More is better. I find her croaky vocals annoying.

Mvnl

Staff member
1. Baby One More Time (still her best single (and album) for me, I like the fact there's more to it then sexy slutty lyrics and danceable beats, it's actually an 'emotional' song)
2. Oops! I Did It Again (yes 1 & 2 are identical but that doesn't make them less likable to me.. plus the subject and feeling of the song was completely different..)
3. Gimme More (addictive as hell, great production)
4. I'm A Slave 4 U (I might like this slightly less than MP, but it's gets points added for becoming such a classic single... too light for my liking though, and at the time I hated it for Britney not being straight pop anymore)
5. My Prerogative (loses points for being a cover, and at the time it hardly felt as one of her major releases, but it does it's job of being an enjoyable danceable piece of pop)
6. Womanizer (at the moment it sounds like pieces and bits I heard before by Rachel, Rihanna and Britney herself, and it seems a bit tuneless.. hope it grows on me, I won't be as harsh as rating it her worst leadsingle before I heard it a bit more)
7. Me Against The Music (as a leadsingle and superstar-duet it was everything it shouldn't have been.. still a nice enough song though)

F

freddyt234

Why is there so much Me against the music bashing going on?
I'm assuming you all have the justice remix of it?

S

Sugaste

Kirkland said:
Danny said:
Steve loves "Womanizer"

Of course he does.

Can you lot imagine me saying I dislike a Betty Boo song? Steve is that with Britney.

And exactly the same with Me & the Sugababes, so in the future, theres no need to pounce on me even when the majority hate one of their tracks and I love it. You know how I feel.

Anyway; Womanizer is bloody epic, I love it.
The repetition of "Womanizer" actually makes me love it that much more.

Sugaste said:
Kirkland said:
Danny said:
Steve loves "Womanizer"

Of course he does.

Can you lot imagine me saying I dislike a Betty Boo song? Steve is that with Britney.

And exactly the same with Me & the Sugababes, so in the future, theres no need to pounce on me even when the majority hate one of their tracks and I love it. You know how I feel.

I can safely say that I have never pounced on your or anyone in my whole life!

The first time I heard the sirens at the beginning I thought "OMG! The world is ending!"

... Which I assume is the impact they wanted it to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.