Britney Spears - Circus | Page 280 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Circus

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ChrisLisi1982, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ha! I can't listen to the Amazon samples. I just get an 'Error' block when I click the play icon... Hmph! Are the 30 sec samples up anywhere else? I don't wanna listen to the 8 minute-mix sample, because there would be too much of the songs in that if you know what I mean.

2. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

It's fucking scary.
    I think I get nightmares now.

3. Dag

Dag

I don't know, it seems a bit elaborate for a photoshoot. The three other promo pics we have seen haven't been this detailed (or had much of a set).

It's funny how far removed the artwork is from the content though.

4. if that back cover is real then why the hell have all the other promo photos been so god dang boring! THAT is the kind of photo that should be on the front cover!

5. DOES THAT SAY AMNESIA AS TRACK 14?!?!

Are we getting it here then??! I hope to god so. I love Garibay's stuff.

6. Oops meant to say OR not of. But it's strange, the imagery doesn't fit the music. Hell, the video for Womanizer doesn't even fit the album cover. It's like they were going one direction but then suddenly changed it.

7. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

That's amazing if it's the UK bonus track. Then I don't have to import the more expensive Japanese import.

8. Dag

Dag

We are getting a circus-themed video for Circus though. It's a bit much to demand that every video is circus-themed. I'm quite happy with just one.

9. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

10. That has SERIOUSLY made my week. And saved me a lot of money.

11. That back covers really interesting. I'm sure it wasn't lost on whoever picked it how freaky it looks. It's like the two sides of Britney, the front cover being the wholesome all-American girl and the back cover being the weird twisted side.

12. Might add, HMV is the cheapest place for CD+DVD I have found so far - just hope the price doesn't suddenly inflate on Dec 1st.

13. How is it that back cover 'weird and twisted'? As far as I can see it's a happy little boy dressed as a clown handing A smiling/laughing Britney a Birthday cake? I do like it though, and I think the packaging will make a lot of sense once we see/hold the real thing, the busy back cover seems to compliment the simpler front cover.

I remember when Blackout came out last year everyonbe decided they actually liked the cover after seeing it on the shelves in the shops!

14. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Clowns look always twisted and bizarre to me.

15. It's a dwarf. And I think it's so excessively sweet while still playing with the Circus imagery -which has it's "twisted and dark" side in its "freaks" tradition, and I do think that's what the image is playing with -, that it's impossible not to take as tongue-in-cheek.

Not to equate dwarf - if that's even the correct word - with freak; I'm just pointing out that I think there's a specific background at play.

16. She's lost her title of Executive Producer...

17. aww he's bringing britney a cake bc the album comes out on her birthday!

18. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

And Larry Rudolph got it instead.

19. Six candles for sixth studio album. Nice touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.