Britney Spears - Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the singles will be "wasted" on "Out From Under" and "Kill The Lights." Obviously, "UY" and "Amy" would be far superior, but if the former sell the album that's what counts. I want this album to be MASSIVE for her.

GaGa wrote Amnesia, no?

I understand why it's not on the album but it is so so so good. I want Lady GaGa to write the entirety of Britney's next album.

Daneeeboy said:
I have a feeling the singles campaign will look like this:

1. Womanizer
2. Circus
3. Out From Under
4. Kill The Lights

Yeah I'm fairly sure it's going to be that, which I think is a bit of waste to be honest, but then I always seem to end up being disappointed with Britney's single choices. Kill The Lights is a good track, but I think there are others which would do better as a single. Out From Under seems inevitable but there are so many other superior tracks it pains me. If I had to pick 5 singles from the 'proper' album it'd be

1. Womanizer
2. If You Seek Amy
3. Unusual You
4. Circus
5. Mannequin

Mannequin is a bit of a risk, but as a fifth single I think it's worth throwing something a bit more unusual out there to attract maybe a different type of buyer. And if it flopped it's only a fifth single so it doesn't really matter.

Of course I really want AMNESIA as a single but it'll only happen in my dreams.

someboy0716 said:
breakfast2 said:
Glitterphonic Discotonic said:
Circus is quite good isnt it really?
Were people actually expecting it NOT to be?

I actually think some were.

I was one. While it IS better in its entirety, it's still nowhere near as good half of the rest Circus or most of Blackout.

I'm not surprised people hate "Kill The Lights," I was one of the few who adored (and still do) "Break The Ice," and they are similar. But "If U Seek Amy" is a mystery to me...it's fine, but nowhere near as good as "Amnesia," "Phonography," "Leather and Lace," or "Shattered Glass" (I actually think "Shattered Glass" could have been MASSIVE if the chorus had some beats behind it...I kept waiting for it to kick in a la "Before The Good-Bye," but it never happened).

S

someboy0716

Christopher said:
someboy0716 said:
breakfast2 said:
Glitterphonic Discotonic said:
Circus is quite good isnt it really?
Were people actually expecting it NOT to be?

I actually think some were.

I was one. While it IS better in its entirety, it's still nowhere near as good half of the rest Circus or most of Blackout.

I thought we were talking about the album, but doesn't really matter.

Honestly, if they release Kill the Lights over some of these other tracks it'll be a popinjustice.

Watching this whole leaking on the forum has been qhite entetaining. I have never been in the midst of minute by minute leakage. WOW! What a thrill!

So far loving:
Mannequin
Unusual You
Phonography

Daneeeboy said:
I hope Rock Me In is the gaga track. I love the way she goes gagagaga at the beginning.

Not sure about Mmm Papi, but every album is allowed a dud. And this is better than Perfect Lover.

I am literally shocked. "Perfect Lover" is so nice!

If only we could swap Mmm Papi for Phonography. What were they thinking with that track? I get that Amnesia doesn't fit but Phonography could easily fit on the album and Mmm Papi is a total turd.

Beautiful Robot said:
SuperCracko said:
Best Album of Ever.

Exactly.

Exactly Exactly. I'm literally proud of her for turning in such a good performance in all of the tracks. And kudos to every producer/writer/vocal coach involved for being so damn creative. Love just about everything. Also, the screeching synths in the background of the third chorus in Circus... My new favorite thing ever. A+, 100%. Yes.

Well there surely is something for everyone here. It's a bit all over the place, not quite Blackout but lots of individually fun songs. But now why were people calling Blackout a "concept" album, haha? Please.

Amnesia is fab, love love, I hope GaGa was involved tho that seems unlikely from what I am gathering.

I want to like If U Seek Amy more, tho it is so bizarre it's tricky for me to even wrap my head around it.

Phonography is too tedious on literal gimmickry. :-/

Rock Me In I like very much too, tho it's a tad dated a la Holly Valance as was stated earlier.

Shattered Glass is pretty hot too. As is Kill The Lights. I guess almost every track is pretty noteworthy. Except Mmm Papi.

S

someboy0716

Throwing all the over-enthusiastic BEST ALBUM EVER opinion out the window, this is a really, really fun pop album, and Britney's actually there as opposed to Blackout, and it shows. Even if her vocals were phoned in, which is always a criticism of Britney albums, I'm just going to say that there was excellent call quality.

Hmmm...this album has me torn. It's either amazingly amazing or just pretty disposable. Mmm Papi, Mannequin and Lace & Leather are obvious fillers for me. I really don't get the hype about Mannequin. It has some good moment and potential, but I find it terribly messy and tuneless.

Circus, Phonography and If You Seek Amy however are killers!

Status
Not open for further replies.