Britney Spears - Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quicksand is a Europe wide iTunes bonus track apparently.

Anyone get the impression they're 'punishing' Fernando Garibay for talking too much about their songs? Keri Hilson also ran her mouth off a bit. I'm sure one of the producers said they'd get in trouble if they spoke about their songs so couldn't say anything.

Hazuki said:
Dag said:
Hazuki said:
getluv said:
Lady GaGa's Quicksand has been added as another bonus track on Swedish iTunes.

Blimey. That's 18 tracks! You can't say her people aren't generous, though I wish they'd save some for b-sides.

Britney doesn't really do b-sides anymore.

In other news: I just gave in. I'm not regretting it though.

That's my point, I wish she did! Might help her physical sales if she has more than 1 crappy remix!

hey, Britney's remixes actually make sense.

Amnesia just might be my new favorite Britney song, I love it so much. I'm liking most of them but having trouble listening to any beside it, Shattered Glass, and If U Seek Amy.

Re: Britney Spears - "Circus" (Single)

I'm kinda waiting for Robyn to go "you want a piece of me" during the verses.

The chorus is fantastic, but it still feels a little disappointing. It had the potential to go stratospheric with a bridge and breakdown, but it doesn't really happen.

Still most enjoyable though!

Hearing it in full and a few listens later, my opinion has changed on the song. Quite like it.

It really needs the screaming chorus synths all the way through.

better songs on the album by far

Better songs than Womaniser too. Who is picking the singles for this album?

Dag said:
Hazuki said:
getluv said:
Lady GaGa's Quicksand has been added as another bonus track on Swedish iTunes.

Blimey. That's 18 tracks! You can't say her people aren't generous, though I wish they'd save some for b-sides.

Britney doesn't really do b-sides anymore.

On this evidence, she does tracks of B-side quality and just shoves them on her album instead.

Circus and Out From Under are great. Shattered Glass is almost brilliant (fantastic chorus but little else, and what the fuck is 'gley-ah-ss'?). The rest is forgettable at best, with a few moments of cringemaking awfulness - If U Seek Amy is an atrocious pun with a song half-heartedly built around it, while Mmm Papi is the kind of thing even Fergie wouldn't stoop to.

I really hoped she'd pull it out of the bag this time, but sadly no. 3/10.

Shattered Glass is almost brilliant (fantastic chorus but little else, and what the fuck is 'gley-ah-ss'?)

It's a weird song. It's almost like some of the producers listened to Blackout and are trying to be like Danja/Bloodshy and Avant, but it just sounds forced. There's a beautiful pop song along the lines of Gwens more 80s moments under all the weird effects, stopping and starting etc... it's like it's only half a song.

Hazuki said:

They're doing a good job so far. "Womanizer" is her biggest hit since "Toxic" in most territories, and it got Britney a number 1 song in the US for the first time since "...Baby". Let's give her people a little credit...

Hazuki said:
Shattered Glass is almost brilliant (fantastic chorus but little else, and what the fuck is 'gley-ah-ss'?)

It's a weird song. It's almost like some of the producers listened to Blackout and are trying to be like Danja/Bloodshy and Avant, but it just sounds forced. There's a beautiful pop song along the lines of Gwens more 80s moments under all the weird effects, stopping and starting etc... it's like it's only half a song.

EXACTLY! The chorus is amazing - despite sounding like Cutting Crew's I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight, and by extension Mika's Relax (Take It Easy) - but we only get to hear it twice before the song grinds to a halt.

That's harsh. Did you like Blackout?

For the most part, yes - I didn't think it was as brilliant as everyone here seemed to, and I would definitely have ditched Freakshow and Why Should I Be Sad?, but it was a step in the right direction. I genuinely thought this would be even better (although I've always thought of Britney as more of a singles act), but sadly it's not looking that way.

Dag said:
Hazuki said:

They're doing a good job so far. "Womanizer" is her biggest hit since "Toxic" in most territories, and it got Britney a number 1 song in the US for the first time since "...Baby". Let's give her people a little credit...

That's true, I sometimes forget how well it's done worldwide as they seem to have buggered up the UK release a bit. Hope X Factor does well for it.

Great to see all the excitement for the new tracks you guys!

I've decided i'm not going to listen to them though. Feel like I'm spoiling the album release for myself otherwise.

Can anyone tell me if the new leaked version of Kill the Lights has that annoying echo/rattle at the beginning? I want to now if it's part of the song or due to LQ clips!?!?

Also, what is Amnesia like?

P

paul lekakis

I HATE iTunes pre-order bonus tracks.
I want those two on physical CD. :-(
Hopefully she does B-Sides this time around, like "Everybody" that was on "Break the Ice".
Or maybe one of those will be a Target/WalMart etc. bonus track...

Anyway, have only heard three songs but I can already say that if "Mannequin" doesn't get a release I will hunt the person doing the singles campaign down myself.
It's so amazing, a step in the right more sophisticated direction. I need to hear this in a club, I have a bad feeling this is going to end up the "Toy Soldier" of this campaign.

It would be so amazing to close this campaign with "Mannequin" including a super hightech produced video of a Cyborg Britney with a plastic face punishing a Justin look-a-like.

Are you avoiding the leaks then Paul? I've heard the 30sec preview clips, but can't bring myself to listen to the full leaked tracks!

paul lekakis said:
Isn't the physical out this week in UK?

It was released on Friday in Germany. The 2-Track edition includes the Instrumental, do you think they'll press an exclusive 2-Track version with the remix for the UK? There would be three editions then, One with two remixes, an instrumental and the video, a 2-Track with instrumental and a 2-Track with the Kaskade Remix.

It's not out here until the 24th Nov (according to hmv website).

Has there been a maxi single release in Germany?

EDIT: sorry i'm guessing the maxi is the one you mentioned above with the video on...

P

paul lekakis

Dr popBrit said:
Are you avoiding the leaks then Paul? I've heard the 30sec preview clips, but can't bring myself to listen to the full leaked tracks!

Yep, no more leaks for me.

It's funny that the two tracks people hate on here are exactly those that Britney had written. (Mmm Papi, My Baby)

I'm glad I missed all the initial excitement when the tracks leaked or I would have been swept along with it...

I can't wait to get my hands on the CD and blast it through my speakers at home. This sounds silly, but I'm considering taking the day off work on the day of release! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.