Britney Spears - Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

someboy0716

Hot_Mess29 said:
I still cant believe britney is guaranteed to perform in 11 days :o

It's absolutely frightening. I'm not prepared for the worst like I should be.

someboy0716 said:
Hot_Mess29 said:

She's been rehearsing like mad. If she doesn't pull it off now, she never will.

starstruck said:
Can I just add, what is with Guy Sigsworth? His production is the most disappointing on the album. Basically he redid Someday and Everytime with (My baby is Someday part two and Out from Under is Everytime with part two). Except these new versions weren't even half as good as the originals. Was he not feeling the project? Simply did it for the paycheck? To go from producing Nothing Fails, What it Feels like for a girl, Everytime to this?

I dont think Guy Sigsworth is to blame at all really...I imagine Britney's record company have been very instrumental in creating this album and wanted at least one ballad that could be successfully released and looked straight to Everytime - which at the time was huge. He's shown he can be an amazing producer, if given the opportunity to!

Kill The Lights said:
starstruck said:
Can I just add, what is with Guy Sigsworth? His production is the most disappointing on the album. Basically he redid Someday and Everytime with (My baby is Someday part two and Out from Under is Everytime with part two). Except these new versions weren't even half as good as the originals. Was he not feeling the project? Simply did it for the paycheck? To go from producing Nothing Fails, What it Feels like for a girl, Everytime to this?

I dont think Guy Sigsworth is to blame at all really...I imagine Britney's record company have been very instrumental in creating this album and wanted at least one ballad that could be successfully released and looked straight to Everytime - which at the time was huge. He's shown he can be an amazing producer, if given the opportunity to!

Guy Sigsworth is quite a hit and miss producer. I don't find the non remix version of "what it feels Like for a Girl" very amusing.
I was hoping something more interesting, given the good job on the latest Alanis record.

Ok, so I've listened to the album twice and it's absolutely amazing! I love it, possibly more than Blackout. Here's my raiting for each song.

Womanizer = 5/5 Love this.
Circus = 5/5 I love everything about this. And I get really excited when the chorus kicks in! Really good second single choice.
Out From Under = 5/5 This is really pretty and a change of pace compared to the first 2 tracks, which is nice.
Kill The Lights = 5/5 Still lovin it. Good job Danja!
Shattered Glass = 3/5 Not really feelin it. And the whole stop/start/stop thing pisses me off so much! At least it's short.
If You Seek Amy = 5/5 So catchy! I thought I might secretly hate it, but nope! I actually think the whole idea is really clever. I mean, I know I would'nt have come up with it. And I love the ending.
Unusual You = 5/5 Bloodshy and Avant do it again! Nice, seductive beat.
Blur = 3/5 Really dull, dissapointing considering it's Danja! Should be called "Blah" (oh ha ha, I'm so clever to come with that lol :) )
Mmm Papi = 5/5 So much fun! "mmm papi, mmm lovey!" It's just fun to listen to.
Mannequin = 5/5 One of the hottest things I've heard. Ever.
Lace and Leather = 4/5 Don't like the verses, the chorus saves it.
My Baby = 5/5 Really like it. I love her voice on it.
Rock Me In = 2.5/5 Yucky. What does rock me in mean anyway?
Phonography = 4/5 I thought I'd love it, but it's slightly repetitive.
Amnesia = 5/5 Total shock! LOVE it! It's so different. I was expecting it to be a ballad. I love how she sings it. Cannot stop listening to it.

Overall 5/5! This is def my favourite album of 2008. And we have two more bonus tracks to look forward to! Hopefully they only leak when the album is released.

Looks like Perez Hilton must be losing hits on his site, as he is writing about Britney again... Starting with encouraging everyone to go download her album for free instead of buying it because it's not that good... WHAT A DICK!

P

paul lekakis

Re: Britney Spears - "Circus" (Single)

I feel like "Mannequin" and "Break the Ice" pull the Dance breakdown off more smoothly.
It feels ham-fisted to put a dance breakdown into a 3:09 min. song...

It's a bit dated, isn't it? I can imagine "Overprotected" era Britney doing this, not 27 year old Britney. I don't know, the Pop landscape has changed so much and this feels so out of place.

There must be a lot better songs on the album, hopefully. *fingerscrossed*

JJBoy01 said:
Looks like Perez Hilton must be losing hits on his site, as he is writing about Britney again... Starting with encouraging everyone to go download her album for free instead of buying it because it's not that good... WHAT A DICK!

"It's all over the Internets! And, it's not that good.

Why buy it????

It's really easy to find!

Welcome back, Britney!!!!"

What an absolutely asshole! And he said "They caved". Right Perez keep believing that.

T

tommie

LaLaLa2592 said:
JJBoy01 said:

"It's all over the Internets! And, it's not that good.

Why buy it????

It's really easy to find!

Welcome back, Britney!!!!"

What an absolutely asshole! And he said "They caved". Right Perez keep believing that.

= "Britney doesn't give a shit about me! Boycott her!

(that said, unlike many people, I don't hate Perez but it's obvious that he has a personal vendetta considering that her label sued his ass last time)

LaLaLa2592 said:
lol ok sorry. He makes me so mad though! aaaarrrrrrh!!!!!!!

OK, I'm over it.

If anything, it's more promotion for Britney. He only attracts haters anyway, so I doubt Britney loses a single sale because of that douche.

I'm still really confused about the UK Tracklisting for the album. The standard edition is the usual twelve and Radar as bonus and then Rock Me In, Phonography and Amnesia are just for the DVD? Yes? I'm curious. I don't really want to buy the DVD version if I don't have to but if it's the only one with the extra songs.. Also the Lady GaGa track Quicksand seems to be up on iTunes Europe now..

Dag said:
LaLaLa2592 said:
lol ok sorry. He makes me so mad though! aaaarrrrrrh!!!!!!!

OK, I'm over it.

If anything, it's more promotion for Britney. He only attracts haters anyway, so I doubt Britney loses a single sale because of that douche.

Interestingly enough, most of the comments were 'your music taste sucks, this album is amazing etc etc'

Looks like theres' been a bit of a turn around on peoples opinions on Britters.

Im scared I'm going to get bored of this album soon, I've had it on repeat all day!

someboy0716 said:
Hot_Mess29 said:

I honestly think it'll be really good but I think she'll be nervous and it'll show just like it did at VMAs and the recent appearance with Madonna. Also I'll be disappointed if she mimes to the CD vocals even though I know its almost inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.