Britney Spears - Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT produced Before The Goodbye and I Run Away. He had an agreement with Jive that he would get the first single release off Britney, but they broke that agreement by going with Slave 4 U instead which pissed him off,, hence the two tracks being relegated to bonus material (unfinished production-wise too) and him never working with her again.

nills said:
So they werent main tracks on Britney?

I don't think I've heard them.

I've heard them on Youtube :P Well they weren't great, I run away was the better track, the sound is dated now somewhat.

Bamboo Banga said:
Hybris said:
I'm too tired to see if anyone already noticed, but Trouble is ripping off Get Together.
It's been mentioned
But I think if Bloodshy & Avant wanted to rip off Get Together they could just whip out the demo they made of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM7F7SDhLek

Is thatreally Bloodshy and Avant? I thought it was just an alternative Stuart Price edit that got nixed in favour of the one on the album.

veryjammy said:
BT produced Before The Goodbye and I Run Away. He had an agreement with Jive that he would get the first single release off Britney, but they broke that agreement by going with Slave 4 U instead which pissed him off,, hence the two tracks being relegated to bonus material (unfinished production-wise too) and him never working with her again.

To be fair to her "masters", Slave 4 U was the perfect song to release, it moved her away from teeny-pop. Before the Goodbye deserves to be a bonus track

Actually Get together's demo was produced by Anders Bagge and Peer Astrom. Stuart Price produced the final cut and elevated the track to its greatness.

Be it , Bloodshy and Avant only produced How High and Like it or not.

In Denial? said:
New Circus Promo Shot:

6130.jpg

If You Seek Amy, she looks HOT!

I wouldn't worry about songs being bonus tracks or not.
In the days of rerererereleasing albums, any song could be a single.

She should just make videos for all the best songs anyway, and shove 'em on a dvd.

1. Amnesia (dear god, PLEASE let this be a single)
2. Lace and Leather
3. Womanizer
4. If U Seek Amy
5. Phonography
6. Shattered Glass
7. Kill the Lights
8. Quicksand
9. Circus
10. Mannequin

I can't be bothered with the rest.

There needs to be a 3 disc special edition of the original, all the bonus tracks and the videos. Never gonna happen, but it should. Has Britney ever done a rerelease?

Daneeeboy said:
There needs to be a 3 disc special edition of the original, all the bonus tracks and the videos. Never gonna happen, but it should. Has Britney ever done a rerelease?

'Oops I Did It Agian' album got a UK re-release with 2 bonus tracks and an enhanced section and 'Britney' album was re-released in other territories with a bonus DVD and I think an extra track or two.

I wish more artists would do like 3 disc re-releases though, that would be immense. The album in it's standard format, a second disc with rareties, remixes and cuts and a third disc with all the videos from the album, behind the scenes footage, all that shite.

We can dream, riiiiight?

in europe she has actually: with her 3rd album Britney. We got a dvd with all the videos from that era, interviews. the audio cd had many bonus tracks : overprotected darkchild remix, not a girl metro , slave remix, before the goodbye... it was worth it.

Daneeeboy said:

There's two versions of the "Oops" album, one of them has enhanced content.
I thought this was just the only UK issue to begin with, but I have seen both on sale.

Tribal Spaceman said:
Daneeeboy said:

I thought this was just the only UK issue to begin with, but I have seen both on sale.

Was that not just a "special edition" released alongside the normal album? There are special editions with bonus tracks or content for all her albums, but she's never done a rerelease I don't think.

Daneeeboy said:
Tribal Spaceman said:
Daneeeboy said:

Was that not just a "special edition" released alongside the normal album? There are special editions with bonus tracks or content for all her albums, but she's never done a rerelease I don't think.

I'm not sure, but it definitely came out a little while after the original.

A 3 disc version would be brilliant.
In fact she should just go crazy making music videos for all the best new songs (plus Toy Soldier and Radar) and unleash a new single every month.
Global domination would ensue.

Daneeeboy said:
Tribal Spaceman said:
Daneeeboy said:

The UK re-release of 'Oops' album was released after the release of 'Lucky' so a few months after the original release. It featured 'Heart' ('Lucky' b-side) and 'You Got It All' as well as an enhanced section with the 'Lucky' video.

Status
Not open for further replies.