Britney Spears - Conservatorship Ended #FreedBritney | Page 4260 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Conservatorship Ended #FreedBritney

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. One of my top5 all-time favourite Britney performances right there.

2. Unmatched.

3. Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Anticonformity and andru like this.
  4. I really didn’t appreciate the ITZ era during its time. I watch all the interviews, performances and general promo she did back now and it truly was a blockbuster era only befitting of a superstar.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    lushLuck and Madaboutmusic like this.
  5. Blackout the song was written years ago with Taylor Momsen so I doubt it was offered to Britney.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Jive didn't want to release Do Somethin', Britney had to push for it.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. In the podcast they said she was lying about that, that Cathy Dennis wrote the whole song pretty much herself.

8. I wonder if Jimmy tried to sleep with her once or something and she rejected him. Like I don’t understand the vitriol that still comes from him.

9. That's probably my favourite talk show appearance as well. She was on fire there. No signs of nerves or shyness at all.

So many great stuff:

- Her entrance
    - "Yes, I OD'ed again!"
    - When she kicks her leg in the air
    - Her sexy ponytail. I love it when she has her hair like that

And all those magazine covers she was on. Crazy. The Q one must be one of her best ever. Esquire and W were later, right? W was amazing. Esquire maybe not that much, looking back...

Such an incredible time to be a fan. And quite weird looking back at it because after that it would never be the same again.

10. W was actually sort of pre -In the Zone. It was summer 03. Esquire would have been out during the Kimmel interview, they probably just couldn't show it on tv.

lushLuck and breakitdown like this.
  11. "So you did not overdose, for the record?"
    "No, I didn't, I'm...working".

Iconic.

NoSoyCortés likes this.

12. Looks like she was (or is?) in Louisiana fairly recently. Hard to tell by Britney's own instagram. Kids Jamie Lynn's youngest age grow fast and she looks about the same there as she does in the video she posted a couple days ago. Anyway, the house is the one Britney grew up in (and the family still owns, clearly). Laura Lynne commented on the post (Britney doesn't follow her). Was kind of a nice trip down memory lane, as long time fans will remember this house from the first RollingStone shoot (the cover framed and hanging up in one of the bedrooms).

13. I think she recorded this video in the Kentwood house too...

Fun Easter egg...

14. Remember when Britney invented phone sex? Whew.

Rob, ThisIsRogue, Bslg17 and 20 others like this.
  15. Apparently an unreleased Glory track is making the rounds

blaze_dave likes this.
  16. Any more details?

blaze_dave likes this.
  17. I think that was just a stupid Twitter 'prank'.

MmmDani, blaze_dave and Hyrulian like this.
  18. This may actually be the straw that breaks the camels back for me

19. Queen of redoing her 2 day old posts

Nigel likes this.
  20. I think this insta video is the most we've ever got to see of their family home overall, isn't it? It certainly is for me. Kinda weird to get my head around it, to finally put a proper face to the name of this home we've always known so much about and where history was basically made. It's actually a bit bigger inside than I had imagined it being and what I thought they could afford based on what we've heard about their relatively modest finances.

The little nods to Britney's success and achievements are quite funny, although (certification discs and awards aside) they look more like a teenage fan's posters and pictures of Britney than the home of the star herself.

Burzum and Anticonformity like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.