Britney Spears - Conservatorship Ended #FreedBritney | Page 4760 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Conservatorship Ended #FreedBritney

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. I’m actually not sure that the analysis of her Instagram the part of the movement that created a big impact on #FreeBritney, to be honest—if anything, it may have discredited it a lot last year by giving it a conspiracy lean. The most effective facets have been people spreading actual information about the conservatorship (particularly buying court documents and going through them with a fine comb) on social media and them actually rallying during the court dates. On the other hand, I guess it helped create some awareness because those kinds of things are the ones that go viral.

I don’t think she sounded particularly good when she sang Everytime live, which is why I brought it up. I just can’t imagine her being able to sing live the chorus of Stronger particularly without her voice cracking. Maybe she could’ve sung the verses live.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  2. blaze_dave likes this.
  3. The blurb for Britney's feature in the Time 100, narrated by Andy Cohen

"This year, Britney Spears's fight to be heard is reframing the way we think about mental health, systemic misogyny and the powerful forces that exploit vulnerable people, no matter how famous they are."

On a side note, these blurbs keep on saying "over a hundred million records sold", but isn't she at more than at least 150 million records from what I last saw, a big chunk of which are albums?

GimmeWork, QueenB and blaze_dave like this.
  4. There is absolutely no way that photo is from a recent weekend, it’s pretty obvious in fact it’s months old.

Which begs the question, where is Britney? Hopefully, she’s happily laid by her pool, with her fiancé having a great time. However, we know what happened back in 2019…

I find it frankly fucking astounding that she’s still under the ‘care’ of these people given the testimony she delivered. The entire system is corrupt to the core.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Her insta will always be weirdly over-analysed long after Jamie has finally gone......

6. Allegedly, the Netflix documentary will be officially announced tomorrow with a release date for 28th September.

7. I am torn about the documentary. I think it will further put pressure on Penny / her dad / etc to finally put this thing to an end which is the best outcome, but I don't like that they are going against her wishes and releasing it.

8. I hope it shines more light on the corrupted Reva Goetz/Sam Ingham and also Loucifer & co.

Overdose, blaze_dave and johnoclock like this.
  9. It’s all intentional now that the release date is only 24 hours before the hearing right? It has to be.

RMK likes this.
  10. I’m all for a good documentary that focuses on how the conservatorship system is broken. They don’t need to dramatize her “breakdown” anymore, instead they need to focus on Jamie, Lou, Larry Rudolph, Judge Penny, and anyone else involved. Netflix better come for their necks.

11. I gasped at the title. So simple yet so effective.

12. It will be interesting to see if Netflix mention L*ucifer or not, I feel like she's the piece of the puzzle that's been strangely absent throughout this whole investigation (although I'm sure Matthew and Britney haven't forgot about her).

I agree that hopefully "the breakdown" isn't such a key focus because it's so played out at this point.

13. Am I... emotionally ready for this? Do we have an article on what material they had access to, who had to give the green light for this to go ahead etc?

14. One of the biggest concern (outside of Britney herself) is that when this ends, it'll be painted as a few isolated players with bad intentions, and not an entirely broken system that allows those people to straight up abuse people deemed unwell.

15. Andy Cohen preaching about the horrors of misogyny is rich.

Burzum, huntypoo, GimmeWork and 8 others like this.
  16. Side note, how did that audio even leak? It’s been on YouTube for years, but there was also a very good Britney impersonator around that time so for a while, it seemed fake.

brauliocruz likes this.
  17. Yessss, please let this documentary do something good for this all.
    I don't want to watch another series or segments that go into detail about a very stressful time in her life back in 2007. We all know about that year and unless they can provide groundbreaking information and a new angle , I'd rather not.
    Britney herself even said she didn't like when they continue to bring you that time period

But I'm excited to see what they do with this

blaze_dave, johnoclock and QueenB like this.
  18. LiK

LiK

It was leaked by S*m L*fti

I never thought it was fake and her teams attempt to scrub it off the net made it clear it wasn't fake. But I am glad it's being used to emphasize how long she's been fighting this.

neinzedd, GimmeWork and An Insider like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.