Britney Spears - Conservatorship Ended #FreedBritney | Page 4760 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Conservatorship Ended #FreedBritney

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. I hope it shines more light on the corrupted Reva Goetz/Sam Ingham and also Loucifer & co.

Overdose, blaze_dave and johnoclock like this.
  2. It’s all intentional now that the release date is only 24 hours before the hearing right? It has to be.

RMK likes this.
  3. I’m all for a good documentary that focuses on how the conservatorship system is broken. They don’t need to dramatize her “breakdown” anymore, instead they need to focus on Jamie, Lou, Larry Rudolph, Judge Penny, and anyone else involved. Netflix better come for their necks.

4. I gasped at the title. So simple yet so effective.

5. It will be interesting to see if Netflix mention L*ucifer or not, I feel like she's the piece of the puzzle that's been strangely absent throughout this whole investigation (although I'm sure Matthew and Britney haven't forgot about her).

I agree that hopefully "the breakdown" isn't such a key focus because it's so played out at this point.

6. Am I... emotionally ready for this? Do we have an article on what material they had access to, who had to give the green light for this to go ahead etc?

7. One of the biggest concern (outside of Britney herself) is that when this ends, it'll be painted as a few isolated players with bad intentions, and not an entirely broken system that allows those people to straight up abuse people deemed unwell.

8. Andy Cohen preaching about the horrors of misogyny is rich.

Burzum, huntypoo, GimmeWork and 8 others like this.
  9. Side note, how did that audio even leak? It’s been on YouTube for years, but there was also a very good Britney impersonator around that time so for a while, it seemed fake.

brauliocruz likes this.
  10. Yessss, please let this documentary do something good for this all.
    I don't want to watch another series or segments that go into detail about a very stressful time in her life back in 2007. We all know about that year and unless they can provide groundbreaking information and a new angle , I'd rather not.
    Britney herself even said she didn't like when they continue to bring you that time period

But I'm excited to see what they do with this

blaze_dave, johnoclock and QueenB like this.
  11. LiK

LiK

It was leaked by S*m L*fti

I never thought it was fake and her teams attempt to scrub it off the net made it clear it wasn't fake. But I am glad it's being used to emphasize how long she's been fighting this.

neinzedd, GimmeWork and An Insider like this.
  12. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The timing of that voicemail fits very clearly with my long-held theory (not that I’m claiming originality) that Britney believed if she did the Circus tour, she’d prove she could handle her life and the conservatorship would be eliminated. When that didn’t happen is when she started to change more in public and I think adopted the ‘good soldier’ mentality for as long as she could, with some detours along the way until things really broke down.

I’m going to need an eight-figure book deal announcement once this thing is finally ended.

13. I really hope and pray that Netflix has gotten this right! The title and teaser are intriguing!

blaze_dave likes this.
  14. I hope they get it right and, if they do bring up 2007, only in passing. The title hints more at this being Britney vs her dad and I hope that's the angle they go with.

That being said, when she is out of this, I can't wait until she can tell her own side of the story when she's ready, whether it be a book, a documentary, a long sit down interview; I don't care.

blaze_dave likes this.
  15. I love the title. It'll be interesting to see how they're approaching this VS how Framing did. I'm guessing this will skip the look at her early career and focus more specifically on the intricacies of the conservatorship and how long she's wanted to get out of it.

deepheat03 and blaze_dave like this.
  16. Aww this is so sweet. I can’t they’re now 15 and 16!

17. The Netflix thing is just giving me ick/exploitative vibes. We'll get a sense from the trailer I guess.

18. I also thought it felt a little sensational but praying it has some substance!

19. If I’m not mistaken, she actually addressed it in the July 15 hearing and name dropped the Circus Tour, something along the lines of she’d been told she had multiple psych tests during this time and told if she were good, they would end it.

This is so lovely and I guess this explains why she doesn’t post about them more often. The line about them not reading it (when she has millions following her account ddd) also makes me think they’re somewhat avoiding the Internet when it comes to her, which sounds healthy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.