Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale {7th Album - March 2011}

J1 said:
I like the songs (love some of them), love the vibe of the album etc but at the end of the day it feels like a Dr Luke/Max Martin album with Britney as a guest vocalist. What gets me is how little involvement she had in making this album - where was the effort on her behalf? I love Britney but I hate how she just doesn't give a shit anymore. At least with ''Circus'' she had some involvement and generally seemed more passionate about it.

The only songs I'm loving at the moment are Trip To Your Heart, Trouble For Me, Inside Out and Criminal. I'm not getting the hype for I Wanna Go - it's fun and OK, but not amazing. Gasoline is good and I'm surprisingly starting to warm to Big Fat Bass. Seal It With A Kiss and Beautiful are pretty mediocre and How I Roll is just crap.
As it's been said on here countless times - we are in no position to judge her involvement where we do not know what goes on behind the scenes (if we have some evidence then yea sure). Afterall it's HER album, she should be the one having the deciding authority in what sort of sound she wants, etc - Otherwise they might aswell have Dr Luke come out with a remix album (as other producers do). Just enjoy the album for what it is and her effort!

The tracks I like the least are Till the World Ends and Big Fat Bass. I'm not sure whether or not I like How I Roll, I mean I kinda like it but I also think it's a bit shit.

Speaking of How I Roll, as I was listening to it in the car when it got to the guy / robot / whoever saying the how I roll part a bloke in a whellchair crossed in front of me. I know it's bad but I had the giggles for ages after. It was really perfect timing!

Jordlols said:
She wrote songs for Femme Fatale though and she seemed to think they'd be on the album, but they got scrapped.

As for how passionate she is about this album, I'd say she's more passionate about this one. In the clips of her recording Circus she looked bored to tears.

Look, I did hear from several people that Britney had been recording since July 09 on her own concept for an album, and they pulled the rug from under her and scrapped the majority of it. Old material was being revisited and the like. Then Luke was brought on board.

Not sure how accurate it is but it's interesting to think about...even though now that we've heard the finished product, Dr Luke clearly has more of a brain than we thought.

Rmx

He/Him/His

Not releasing I Wanna Go would be the biggest Pop Injustice of our generation. Please realize this, Britney Inc.

edit: Does she sing Be my fuck tonight in How I Roll?!

he/him

!jordan said:
Jordlols said:
She wrote songs for Femme Fatale though and she seemed to think they'd be on the album, but they got scrapped.

As for how passionate she is about this album, I'd say she's more passionate about this one. In the clips of her recording Circus she looked bored to tears.

Look, I did hear from several people that Britney had been recording since July 09 on her own concept for an album, and they pulled the rug from under her and scrapped the majority of it. Old material was being revisited and the like. Then Luke was brought on board.

Not sure how accurate it is but it's interesting to think about...even though now that we've heard the finished product, Dr Luke clearly has more of a brain than we thought.

I heard about the concept album but I also heard about a very dance-orientated album that Jive didn't like so they brought Dr. Luke on board.

Either way, I'm not extremely bothered, the album is perfect start to finish.

My Britney hater friend loves "I Wanna Go"! He made a face at the realization of liking a Britney Spears and everything.

memenme_1 said:
Doesn't anyone feel the 'light-mechanical' sound to it for the album as a body of work - Where blackout was dark-mechanical. These 2 really go hand in hand like light and dark!
'The Bass is getting Bigaah' (I completely ignore the autotune to enjoy just the delivery of that line = Brilliant)

Definitely. This is also the reason I'm not liking this one.

After "Hold It Against Me" and "Till The World Ends," I'm excited to see which songs will be 3rd & 4th single... the rest of them on the album are so amaze I would be happy with any really. Plus videos!!

Jordlols said:
I heard about the concept album but I also heard about a very dance-orientated album that Jive didn't like so they brought Dr. Luke on board.

Either way, I'm not extremely bothered, the album is perfect start to finish.

Yep that's exactly why I was played radio interviews with David Guetta before they aired here in Aus with him saying 'yes Britney and I have been talking and working on tracks' but when it aired two weeks later, it was cut out. Guetta and Tiesto were who Brit wanted on board originally (from what I heard), and Sony basically wanted a Blackout 2.0 with a bit of Luke thrown in.

I love Brit when she's independent regarding her music but honestly, this album is so fucking perfect I don't even care.

I get CHILLS.

Fuck me. The middle 8 of Criminal gives me chills everytime. I think it might be my favourite track. I worked all night last night until 7am and i'm still sat here listening to the album on repeat instead of sleeping!

I actually think the 2 singles are amongst the 'poorer' bits of the album.

10/10 Brit!

he/him

Rmx said:
Not releasing I Wanna Go would be the biggest Pop Injustice of our generation. Please realize this, Britney Inc.

edit: Does she sing Be my fuck tonight in How I Roll?!

Apparently it's "be my thug tonight". I was confused as well because shit is censored in Till The World Ends so I was surprised when I seemingly heard "fuck" clear as day.

M

merden

I really hope that Till The World Ends turns out to be a buzz single. It's truely terrible and would certainly rank amongst her worst singles ever if it's given the video treatment. She needs to release ANYTHING else from this album as her second single and bury this TTWE nonsense.

weatherconor said:
Unpopular opinion probably here but 'Gasoline' NEEDS to be a single.

Not at all. It is quite clearly amazing, my favourite at the moment.

Obviously it should have a ridiculous pyromaniac themed video.

God - Inside Out is amazing = Just for the brilliantly delivered verses. And its so atmospheric - and somewhat vulnerable? Gives me goosebumps when the first verse comes on

You know how a lot of people are saying that the vocals are really good or giving them chills or whatever? Well, I don't really get it.

I mean, YES, it is a good album, but the vocals, such as they are, aren't really anything to write home about. They're processed to within an inch of their lives in a completely different way than those of Blackout were.

After giving Femme Fatale a few rinses yesterday, I listened to the best bits of Blackout. As overdone as they seemed at the time, you can actually hear her singing – actual, proper singing. I 'get' that this is Britney's style now, but it does remove something from the experience.

At times, they don't feel so much phoned in, more faxed in over a really bad connection with the fax machine running out of paper halfway through and then bursting into flames. Perhaps that's the intention.

I actually think the word 'Possie' in How I Roll is meant to sound like 'Pussy'. Cos she goes on to say something about having nine lives like a kitty cat. And you know, 'Pussy cat' etc. Maybe it's a double entendre like If U Seek Amy? I dunno. Im hai.

Amazing :

I wanna go(10)
Inside out(10)
Hold it against me(9)
Till the world ends(9)
Criminal(9)
Seal it with a kiss(9)

Great :

Drop dead(Beautiful)(8)
Gasoline(8)

Good :

Trouble for me(7)
How I roll(7)
Trip to your heart(6)

Average :

The big fat bass(5)

The album is amazing.

On first listen the song that stands out for me the most is I Wanna Go. So many great tracks on this album. Inside Out is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.