Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slimane

breakfast2 said:
Giamma said:
Her career is becoming more and more American-dependent/centered. This is very dangerous career-wise because whenever America will 'abandon' her she will be screwed. It's pretty much like Mariah and Janet, whose worldwide success it is/was more like an extension of their American success. I think it's pretty dumb how many artists neglect the world outside America, especially nowadays. Xtina for example did the same thing with Bionic.

Just say it.

I WISH BRITNEY WAS MORE LIKE RIHANNA.

Especially considering how healthy the UK market is at the moment and she's just ignoring it. I'm pretty disgusted with her to be honest...it's been over 3 years since she shaved her head...she needs to grow a backbone and get out there grafting.

Re: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale {7th Album - March 2011}

Hermit said:
BEST FICTION said:
Hermit said:
Ha, the bonus tracks better than the whole album. A mess.

Really?! I thought people would generally hate them. Well I do, anyway.

Nothing but love for them, especially Don't Keep Me Waiting. Never would have thought that such pop-rock style would fit Britney's voice this well.

I have the same opinion as you. I absolutely love Don't Keep Me Waiting.

Britney's kids aren't the issue here.

There's footage/images of her taking them with her on tour last time round, so thats really no excuse.

She just doesn't like promotion. Throughout the whole Circus campaign she was a wreck, she could barely answer a simple question on the xfactor.
Even as recently as the promo video for Good Morning America, she sounds as if she's about to burst into tears.

I feel bad cause I want her to do well, I want to see her perform and be like she used to be, but I've been getting the feeling recently that she's just not upto it anymore. I can only imagine thats the reason we're not seeing her doing live interviews or performances - they know she's not upto it.

Good Morning America will be very interesting.

I've been avoiding this forum for fear of getting the envitable "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT COME HERE" if I voiced my opinion, but truthfully... I just dont like this album. And for a Britney album, thats an acheivement. And I've really tried to love it.

Its not that the songs are bad per se, because actually they aren't. There's no Mmm Papi or My Baby type tracks. Its just there are no Great tracks, to me at least. Normally a Britney album means at least 3-6 tracks on repeat, all the time, the most amazing thing in pop music, etc, etc. This time it just hasnt happened. Hold It Against Me was massively diappointing at first, though it did grow on me after forcing it on nearly every playlist, but Til The World Ends was just the worst. None of the snippets or the leaked tracks I've heard seem to have either. It was just too easy to give up on the Britney Album Excitment when everything was decidedly average.

I have actually thought about it and why I'm feeling that, and discussed ad naseum with other Britney Fan friends. I've decided that, for me at least, this doesnt feel like a Britney album. This is a decent album that any new popstar could realise and it'd do well, we'd love, etc, but it just seems so diconnected from Britney (nothing to do with the promo, of lack thereof, purely in album content terms). She is (was?) the worlds biggest superstar, she's up, she's down, she's a legend, she's a homegirl, she's bloody Britney Spears and I'd love for here to be singing a track that makes me think that only Britney could sing that, like when Piece of Me came out. Only Britney could sing that because it was just totally a Britney Song. There's no song on the album that makes me think "Britney"... just averagely decent ones.

Theoretically this album has everything you'd want... but it just somehow isn't.

Interesting post cantstopthepop. Thanks for being so honest about your thoughts on the album. You have obviously given it a great deal of thought. Enjoyed reading what you had to say.

I've heard this song a few times and Like Hold It Against Me, it's sub standard.

It sounds like an upbeat version of Unusual You from Circus.

She's become the new robot of pop...

Thank god those are just bonus tracks, because they completely ruin the mood of the album. The only one that could go on Femme Fatale was Up n Down.

If those were on the album, it would have turned out into another Circus. A mess with no defined sound direction. Thank god for no ballads in Femme Fatale. No rock, no poppy tracks, just dance influenced extravaganza.

I just love how cohesive the album is, and I would hate for it to be any different. Plus He About to Lose Me would be SO criticized as a Teenage Dream ripoff. But now that it's a bonus track everyone will jump on it and say it's better than the whole album.

In other news, How I Roll clicked with me today. I heard it once on way to uni, and couldn't stop singing it in my head the whole morning. Amazing.

Also this is a first for me! At least from the snippets, for the first time ever (YES counting Blackout too!), I wouldn't trade any of the album tracks for a bonus one!

YAY! This album ~keeps getting better~

dinosaur said:
But the 50/50 custody agreement does not allow her to have the children unsupervised, does it? She is, after all, still under the legal hold of a conservatorship. She hasn't been declared mentally fit to maintain her own finances, look after her children alone, have control over her life, etc.

The Out magazine interview about her being 'told' she was working with will.i.am must be how every day of her life goes.

she has them unsupervised since mid 2008.

Her dad lives in Louisianna. Not to mention the countless times we have seen her with her kids and just her bodyguard around, because well, they are in public, and she uses a bodyguard because she's Briney Spears.

And you're overthinking the "told me" line. She could have said to her label she was interested in working with will.i.am, so when they told her it would work out, she was happy.

The 'told me I'd be working with Will.I.Am' line really has been used as the basis for a shoddy argument on here.

Popstars, no matter what calibre they are, have A&R people working within their team to secure the best songs and producers. That's how it works with most acts. They probably told her she'd be working with Bloodyshy and Avant and Max Martin on the album too. Would it have been so weird if she'd said 'they told me I'd be working with Max again'? - probably not. I'm sure if she really wanted to work with someone in particular, her team would try and make that happen.

Anyways, back to Till The Word Ends, it's a sin how badly it's doing in the UK - but not altogether supprising. If she isn't willing to promote then this is what happens!

heyho said:
Also this is a first for me! At least from the snippets, for the first time ever (YES counting Blackout too!), I wouldn't trade any of the album tracks for a bonus one!

YAY! This album ~keeps getting better~

"He About To Lose Me" had me about to lose my shiz. The guitar and Britney's voice is AMAZING. I love when she sings like that. I think this is the only song from the bonus tracks that could've added something nice to the album. I am sooo excited to hear the rest of that track.

I just almost had a heart attack.

My friend (who, to his defence doesn't use twitter) just messaged me saying, "OH MY GOD, SIMON COWELL IS DOING A CHARITY SINGLE FOR JAPAN FEATURING BRITNEY, JUSTIN BIEBER AND KATY PERRY".

I got online ASAP and this was the link provided: http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialSimonC/status/47230053519589376

It's not Simon Cowell it's some fake. Oh well, I can dream on.

SoSeductive said:
The 'told me I'd be working with Will.I.Am' line really has been used as the basis for a shoddy argument on here.

Popstars, no matter what calibre they are, have A&R people working within their team to secure the best songs and producers. That's how it works with most acts. They probably told her she'd be working with Bloodyshy and Avant and Max Martin on the album too. Would it have been so weird if she'd said 'they told me I'd be working with Max again'? - probably not. I'm sure if she really wanted to work with someone in particular, her team would try and make that happen.

Anyways, back to Till The Word Ends, it's a sin how badly it's doing in the UK - but not altogether supprising. If she isn't willing to promote then this is what happens!
Agreed, cmon britney get in the uk

I cannot wait for the Darkchild tracks in full! Exactly what I wanted at some point from Britney, guitars and acoustic drums etc.

2 performances and a skit...

Really. Really, Britney.

M

misfitmenace

no wonder she hates interviews.... she's probably still embarassed from her breakdown, hates letting people into her private life and just generally feels self conscience.
I dont care about her doing interviews so much but i love the live promo, documentaries on her are always enteraining too.

There's no analysis necessary really.

She doesn't like promotion. She's never liked promotion. She's always been very vocal about hating promotion, especially during In The Zone.

She enjoys recording. She enjoys touring. Unfortunately for us, the money is in touring almost exclusively now so, as long as she isn't interesting in reaping the full rewards of her albums success (she's never been too interested in commercial success after the first albums either), she ain't gon' promote.

I don't think it's anything to do with 'nervousness' or 2007. She did For The Record and despite fan perceptions otherwise, was VERY open and frank in it (I guess people wanted her to confess to some drug addition that didn't exist or something).

At least she's evidently in charge? Ha.

Two skits!

It'd be better if the Ellen performance came the week before the album because I fear that by the time GMA rolls around, the two singles will be so far down the iTunes chart they'll be beyond resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.