Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale {7th Album - March 2011}

gluttonbutt said:
I'd love to know if the people that claimed it was a better album than 'Blackout' are still of that opinion in, say six months time.

I in the mean time, will be sticking to Blackout. I feel very left out. Like the poor kid at school that has to wear non brand name clothes.

I suspect I will have the same opinion in six months. I'm not exactly throwing Blackout out the window though. Gimme More and Piece Of Me are still better than anything on Femme Fatale.

I wonder if people like you will feel the same in six months? Let's write it down in our calendars and check up on it.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

cantstopthepop said:
I've been avoiding this forum for fear of getting the envitable "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT COME HERE" if I voiced my opinion, but truthfully... I just dont like this album. And for a Britney album, thats an acheivement. And I've really tried to love it.

Its not that the songs are bad per se, because actually they aren't. There's no Mmm Papi or My Baby type tracks. Its just there are no Great tracks, to me at least. Normally a Britney album means at least 3-6 tracks on repeat, all the time, the most amazing thing in pop music, etc, etc. This time it just hasnt happened. Hold It Against Me was massively diappointing at first, though it did grow on me after forcing it on nearly every playlist, but Til The World Ends was just the worst. None of the snippets or the leaked tracks I've heard seem to have either. It was just too easy to give up on the Britney Album Excitment when everything was decidedly average.

I have actually thought about it and why I'm feeling that, and discussed ad naseum with other Britney Fan friends. I've decided that, for me at least, this doesnt feel like a Britney album. This is a decent album that any new popstar could realise and it'd do well, we'd love, etc, but it just seems so diconnected from Britney (nothing to do with the promo, of lack thereof, purely in album content terms). She is (was?) the worlds biggest superstar, she's up, she's down, she's a legend, she's a homegirl, she's bloody Britney Spears and I'd love for here to be singing a track that makes me think that only Britney could sing that, like when Piece of Me came out. Only Britney could sing that because it was just totally a Britney Song. There's no song on the album that makes me think "Britney"... just averagely decent ones.

Theoretically this album has everything you'd want... but it just somehow isn't.

This sums up everything I feel about the album. It's chock full of decent songs, but is very limited on amazing, next-level material - and that's what Britney albums should be all about. Mind you, I wouldn't trade I Wanna Go or Inside Out for anything, but besides those two there's just nothing that can stand up to the high points of her last three albums.

This is the first Britney album that I've been playing on repeat. I absolutely love it.
Especially (Drop Dead) Beautiful, Criminal and Trip To Your Heart are amazing. And I have to say that Big Fat Bass is one of the best Will.I.Am produced songs ever.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

I honestly don't see how this album is going to hold up well down the line. I think many people are calling it Christ in mp3 form because it's shiny and new, but I don't hear anything that sounds like a grower or that's interesting and different enough to still hold it's own by 2012. The album has indeed got Dr. Luke syndrome - a quick burning sugar rush with zero substance.

he/him

APC said:
I honestly don't see how this album is going to hold up well down the line. I think many people are calling it Christ in mp3 form because it's shiny and new, but I don't hear anything that sounds like a grower or that's interesting and different enough to still hold it's own by 2012. The album has indeed got Dr. Luke syndrome - a quick burning sugar rush with zero substance.

Well most of these songs are club-type songs and they never fade out or go out of fashion.

APC said:

Possibly, but there's no way of telling for me, because it's still as good - if not better - as it was on first listen.

Some albums are just good, and you can't take that away from it no mather how much time passes.

You worry too much, by the way.

APC said:
I agree. It's a very "product-of-it's-time" record, especially due to Dr. Luke. I agree with that review too, though. Inside Out and I Wanna Go are brilliant, and I love How I Roll, but I'm not really drawn back to any of the other songs. I like them just fine, but there's nothing so effortless and insatiable as Gimme More, Piece of Me, etc. I don't know, hopefully it all grows on me a bit more.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

I just remember people eating Circus up upon it's release - "OH MY GOD, IF U SEEK AMY IS AMAZING! DID YOU HEAR WHAT SHE SAID?!", I specifically remember mounds of "better than Blackout" claims, and just look at that album now. I suspect the same thing will happen here.

APC said:
I just remember people eating Circus up upon it's release - "OH MY GOD, IF U SEEK AMY IS AMAZING! DID YOU HEAR WHAT SHE SAID?!", I specifically remember mounds of "better than Blackout" claims, and just look at that album now. I suspect the same thing will happen here.

I distinctively remember the reception being very mixed - especially from non-fans. Yes, there was obviously a rush of excitement as we heard new Britney-songs for the first time, but I can't remember a lot of people claiming it was a cohesive album with next to no fillers. It was pretty clear from the get go that the album wasn't perfect.

This album has gotten very good reviews so far, and an exceptional fan reaction. You need to stop trying to make this album a disappointment. It's quite simply not going to happen.

Arvide said:
LewJB said:
1 skit, over 2 days.

With 15 previews!

Ha ha...this is hillarious. I think Twitter is possibly the worst thing to happen to Britney and her Team. Instead of REAL promo...they think tweets from Britney will do it. Not so...

It's already more critically acclaimed than ITZ and Blackout. Not saying I agree, but it's the first time she's achieved 4 Rolling Stone stars.

Actually, scratch that. I've gone back in time and read some of my initial comments on Circus, and I see that I let the excitement carry me away quite a bit!

Circus was an odd one though. Everyone was so hyped about Britney's comeback and a return to form. I think I came into this project with much more realistic expectations. It's all about the music for me now, anyway. She'll never be the artist she once was.

he/him

New snippets sound alright. They're quite different to the main album which is probably why they wound up as bonus tracks.

The weaker songs on first listen are growers.

Seal it with a kiss has become one of my faves - the decent production and her lyrics during the verses are amazing, the chours is popheaven.
The Big Fat Bass has grown on me even more.
I love Drop Dead Beautiful in the verses - her attitude and the dirty lyircs are firece, the refrain is minimal but fine - but the Sabi rap is annoying!

Gasoline is the only letdown on this record for me.

I hear this album a few times a day - and it indeed keeps getting better!

MenaFan said:
This is the first Britney album that I've been playing on repeat. I absolutely love it.
Especially (Drop Dead) Beautiful, Criminal and Trip To Your Heart are amazing. And I have to say that Big Fat Bass is one of the best Will.I.Am produced songs ever.
Big Fat Bass?? One of the best Will.I.Am produced songs ever?? What About John Legend - Ordinary People?? B.E.P. stuff?? Hilary Duff - Play With Fire?? PCD - Beep?? Fergie - Big Girls, Clumsy, Fergalicious?? Usher - OMG?? All these songs could beat the living crap out of Big Fat Bass easily, especially Play With Fire (Love Me, Love Me, Feed the flame!!)... Not saying he's a good producer, just saying Big Fat Bass sucks ass... The rest of the album (except for How I Roll and maybe Trouble For Me, don't know bout it yet) is great, especially Inside Out, DD Beautiful, Gasoline, Criminal (well the bridge), Seal It With A Kiss, HIAM, TTWE...

Status
Not open for further replies.