Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale {7th Album - March 2011}

how come everyone is crediting luke but not martin since martin wrote quite a few songs off the album including i wanna go.....o o.

Popjustice

Staff member
he/him

hakkangin said:
how come everyone is crediting luke but not martin since martin wrote quite a few songs off the album including i wanna go.....o o.

Please write in full English. If you don't I'm afraid your account may be deleted or banned from posting and nobody wants that to happen.

Thanks.

Would the world implode is I said Selfish sounds VERY Fame-esque (I mean the album tracks. I also mean, if the Fame album tracks sounded good).

B

BruceFan93

I think she's just realized that, at this point, she has a legacy and a place in the music world, and she doesn't really have to prove anything. 13 years on top is an excellent run for a pop star, it's as long as Janet and much more than the likes of Cyndi Lauper (who is still regarded with respect and considered "an 80s icon"). Britney knows she'll be able to tour to massive crowds because there's huge nostalgia around her now and her fanbase is massive and insane (they don't care if the show sucks, they just want to see her).

I see this album doing horribly in the UK unless she promotes here. But she isn't, or we would have heard something by now, surely?

Edit - She's definitely not on Rolling Stone. Howard Stern is ont he next issue. This bugs me a lot more than it should. I've been looking forward to a Rolling Stone article as always with Britney era. Why is she not doing it this time? Maybe for the tour, it'll count at promotion?

This will definitely flop in the UK unfortunately, oh well they only have themselves to blame for it.

How many albums does Brit left in her contract with Jive?

V

vasilios

Please let's not have the 'x artist should leave their label' talk!
Not every album and single can be a huge hit.

Really? The snippet didn't remind me of The Fame at all. It did remind me of something (that I can't seem to remember) but it definitely wasn't GaGa.

No label talk. I mean it's not like Jive are going to stop her from promoting! Haha.

This album could be a huge hit worldwide if promoted properly. It has everything going for it.
All she needs is to promote it properly instead of relying on media coverage from her performances {in the US to reach everywhere} and Twitter/ Facebook. No?

But I think this is always going to be the case form now on with Britney, sadly. Who would have thought that we would get less promo than the Circus era?

WOW, I love how 90's Up N' Down sounds! All of the bonus tracks sound ace, except they wouldn't fit in with the rest of the album.

Which is how bonus tracks should sound.

I'm not suggesting Brit should leave Jive or anything but I'm pretty sure Britney Spears albums are meant to be huge hits. And up until now, most of them have been. Even one that was released when she was craaaaazy.

I have a strong feeling that "Scary" will be one of {Top 3 maybe} the best tracks.

vasilios said:
Please let's not have the 'x artist should leave their label' talk!
Not every album and single can be a huge hit.
I agree, she'll probably resign despite what popjustice fans think

V

vasilios

Yeah but since then we have had Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Rihanna etc emerging with bigger projects and the same-ish fanbase, with added MANIC promo.

I love the album and that's all I care. And if it kinda underperforms they will make more effort for the tour which I am dying to go so ...all good for me.

angelX said:
Britney Spears albums are meant to be huge hits. And up until now, most of them have been. Even one that was released when she was craaaaazy.
She was everywhere during Blackout and even Circus {initially}. Not in a good way with Blackout, but people knew she had an album coming out. Most people don't even know she has a single out after Hold It Against Me.

angelX said:
Really? The snippet didn't remind me of The Fame at all. It did remind me of something (that I can't seem to remember) but it definitely wasn't GaGa.

Seriously? Listen to Disco Heaven then listen to Selfish. Even the way she sings it is similar.

I know, and I totally agree with the lack of promo being the problem. I was just saying that even if she hasn't been at full capacity for years, Britney Spears isn't supposed to flop. Unless the music's diabolical, which it never is. And the thing is, there's no reason for it to flop (if it does).

Status
Not open for further replies.