Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollieSwift21

Staff member
Re: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale {7th Album - March 2011}

Thank you. This light, fun music has to stop...you can't tease somebody with Blackout and then make every subsequent release sound like a modern take on Oops I Did It Again.

This is why I like Femme Fatale so much because it's like a modern take on Oops I Did It Again.

APC said:
flynnick said:
APC said:
Alphableat said:
I still don't like the album very much. Fun, poppy Britney is boring, even with the dubby undertones. I want dark and dirty.

Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go and Criminal are certainly the best tracks though.

Thank you. This light, fun music has to stop...you can't tease somebody with Blackout and then make every subsequent release sound like a modern take on Oops I Did It Again.

But Oops I did it Again was a great pop album, what's wrong with a modern take on it? I never found Blackout to be particularly dark or edgy, it's just a fun pop album. I think because Britney was going through a dark time in her life people seem to transfer that onto the album. Or maybe the title "Blackout" confuses them. Then there are casual Britney fans who only like "Blackout" and dismiss her other albums. She shouldn't have to cater specifically to them. At the end of the day it's Britney Spears, she makes fun pop music. If you want something "darker" maybe save yourself the disappointment and look elsewhere.

I just see such a decline in quality since Blackout. Blackout was eerie, incredibly layered, mysterious and generally a very heavy album. Circus and Femme Fatale just seem like like such simple pop in comparison. They both have standout moments, don't get me wrong, but I miss the twisted-pop that's almost totally disappeared with Femme Fetale. (it was still present in places during Circus)

Did you enjoy any albums before Blackout? I agree that there was a decline in quality with "Circus" but I think Femme Fatale is a huge leap forward. Britney herself said Femme Fatale was her most upbeat album to date, so I guess if you wanted the eerie vibe of Blackout you would be disappointed. I'm just happy it's a solid album. Who knows, maybe the next one will be darker?

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

upu said:
cheeky101 said:
utopia6021 said:
Looks like #21 will be the peak for this then.
Wow

Well,at least it's higher than 'Radar'!

This is a much worse fate than Radar. It's a second single off an, as of yet, unreleased album...it's supposed to do the heavy-lifting. Radar was an ill-thought-out 4th single, and scrap metal thrown on from her previous album.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

I'm certainly not going to be checking for her next album as much as this one. Maybe my "checking" was what ruined this one for me in the first place. I don't know. It's just not as impressive as it should've been.

I agree with the argument that Blackout seems like a 'darker' album than it really was because she was in such a dark place at the time. That and the album photoshoot too I guess. Ooh Ooh Baby, Hot As Ice and Heaven On Earth and Why Should I Be Sad aren't really that dark and eerie are they?

Superman said:
Her album release week will probably see the single rise. It's just hit radio anyway.
Doubt it to be honest. Not unless theres a massive spike in airplay that week / a video.

Both of which are very unlikely.

R

Resi12

APC said:
Alphableat said:
I still don't like the album very much. Fun, poppy Britney is boring, even with the dubby undertones. I want dark and dirty.

Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go and Criminal are certainly the best tracks though.

This isn't light? Circus was light, this is Blackout sounding. Just without the crazy undertones.

This campaign is a bit of a disaster, they DEFINATELY shouldn't have premiered 'Hold It Against Me' so early from the video or ANY type of promo and the whole release of 'Till The World Ends' is a complete cockup. We'll be waiting a good month for the video and radio stations are going to look at it as an already flopped song. Terrible!

Numerology said:
Up 'N Down samples something bloody obvious and I can't for the life of me think what.

It´s a mix between Flo Ridas "Turn around" and Gala "Freed from desire"

Check both out - it´s like an mash-up!

Seanie said:
Superman said:
Her album release week will probably see the single rise. It's just hit radio anyway.
Doubt it to be honest. Not unless theres a massive spike in airplay that week / a video.

Both of which are very unlikely.

I dunno, I can see it doing an Avril, peaking (slightly) better due to the album release. And the video probably will be out, but only because they'll need it for American album promo.

It's 'criminal' that she's not performing on American Idol. You couldn't ask for bigger promotion just now, plus it gets shown in the UK to quite respectable (I believe?) viewing figures.

And I've just ordered my Femme Fatale CD from Japan. Only £20, not too shabby!

"Blackout" is, like, so-o-o-o-o 2007. Can we talk about "Femme Fatale" now? This album holds together so well. It's a great listen start to finish. Well-done all!

Status
Not open for further replies.