Britney Spears - Femme Fatale | Page 2152 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TM, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Wanna Go never made the top 100.

2. upu

upu

Top 111,sorry.

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

My mum loves this song! She's always playing it loud in her car and singing along to the "bum bum bum bum" part in a silly voice.

4. So yet again.... radio one failed britney and never playlisted this song or played it after she was in for an interview. So annoying!

5. Awww!

6. Could she possibly sue them? Haha. In the end we don't know what sort of deal it was but it's certainly strange.

7. Radio play really has been at fault (well apart from the late promo) that have hurt the singles chart position.

Shame, as her singles have been ace and deserved better!

I take it that this single is a love it or hate it.

8. It all started going down hill from Hold It Against Me, if you remember Radio 1 had it A-listed, but when it just continued to drop down the chart after it's on air on sale release they got rid of it. Till The World Ends didn't really stand a chance and with literally zero promo as well, I'm not really surprised looking back. It's not like she's Rihanna (who's already loved here) and can get away with it, her reputation wasn't the best back then, it's even worse now.

9. Another thing is that although I do love all the singles (well, except Criminal) there is something about them that isn't really... I don't know, special? Her songs have to be really good for people in this flop country to take notice and when you compare them to a run like Only Girl/What's My Name/S&M, they fall a bit short. My opinion, of course.

10. Rmx

Rmx

Are you serious? I think Hold It Against Me / Till The World Ends / I Wanna Go is one of the most flawless single runs I have ever seen. I would credit her floppage over here to a number of things; her being a shade of her former self, bad promotion, simple lack of disinterest, but certainly not to the actual music.

11. This single is perfect! It even gets the mommies singing along.

12. Agreed, it's one of her strongest singles run and with very good videos to match.

I mean have you not seen the crap that goes into the top 10 UK charts? Britney's singles not charting in the top10 is a pop injustice.

And I agree with the possible reasons.

13. Rihanna has kind of adopted the UK where as Britney is stuck in America land. There's a big difference.

14. I just mean this era had no standout musical moment, or any lasting imagery for that matter. In The Zone had Toxic, Blackout had Gimme More/POM and Circus had Womanzier. HIAM is let down by its flat chorus and TTWE is a little generic.

But like I said, I do love the singles

15. Well I'd say Circus had Circus as a standout and Femme Fatale had Till The World Ends (which sort of was this album's Toxic...but yes more generic but still somehow outstanding). I do not listen to Womanizer any more and after all it feels now like her 'worst' lead single (not saying it's a bad song, just compared to her other lead singles). Me Against The Music is in my opinion better as it's more 'iconic' (to mention it again).My love for that song has grown again.

16. Are you kidding me? The triumvirate of Hold It Against Me/ Till the World Ends/ I Wanna Go slaughters Rihanna's LOUD singles run. The reason she couldn't get a hit in the UK is pretty much everything but the music.

17. She's been tweeting a bit about xmas gifts!

18. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

"Criminal" fell off the Hot 100 this week (it peaked at #55).

I can't see a 5th single happening but who knows.

19. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I really want to hear Banana Alice again but I can't find it anywhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.