Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
he/him
wickedbruv said:
I love this thread. That people could, for a second, believe that tracklist and title were real is amazing.

Seconded. Not that it wasn't obviously fake anyway but I would have thought the sight of "Ya'll" produced by Dolly Parton would have made it beyond obvious to anyone with a brain in their head.

theincredibleflipper said:
Why shouldn't there be airplay? A lot of radio stations alreday talking about. A lot of them will premiere as soon as they can. If this is midnight they'll play it again at times people actually listen. This will be added like crazy and if the final product is any good played to death. Relax.

But realistically, how much audience could she build up after just a week? 25 million maybe, whilst Firework is on 125 million.

yeah but each million in audience means less downloads she needs to hit the top. Won't make a huge difference, but it will help.

Does radio play count as much as downloads? Don't know how to word what I'm saying exactly but is like for every time radio plays a song that counts as much as one download?

Fire said:
Does radio play count as much as downloads? Don't know how to word what I'm saying exactly but is like for every time radio plays a song that counts as much as one download?

No, radio airplay counts as audience impressions, which is the number of people who are supposedly listening to the song.

Spins (each time the song is played) are not counted.

For example, I think 100million audience impressions = 100 points.
120,000 downloads = 120 points

then there's internet streaming, which counts for a percentage, and like Sinful said, I think downloads value more than airplay.

Fire said:
They use points so it's not fixed. 100k downloads means 100 points. 100m Audience Impression (airplay) means 100 points. They total up the airplay and digital sales (also Yahoo video streaming but it's pretty insignificant) points to determine the Hot 100 positions, both have equal weightage I believe.

Ahh right, thanks everyone. Even if she doesn't debut at #1 she could still get it eventually, I just want her to have a song with a long chart life.

The formula is 50% airplay, 45% downloads and 5% streaming.

If she doesn't hit the top straightaway I don't think she ever will. Saying that, I think she has a shot if she sells 325-350k which is what I'd predict anyway.

Well let's see what happens on Tuesday.

She has a good chance and ther eis buzz for this song, as shown by those radio stations faking people that they would play it last night.

Actually that was a good thing in a way, with the radios. They did give free promotion for her to people who were just listening to the radio anyway.

Circus got to #3 without radio, right? I'm sure it peaked when the album first went on iTunes before it was technically a single, along with Shattered Glass etc.

It will all depend on how hard the sales of Firework and Grenade fall this week.

Womanizer sold "only" 286,000 copies. We better pray for this song to be better, and more of a hit.

aOblivious said:
I might get to hear the final version today at work.

Well if that's true, I hope you do! I'd like for a realistic person to have heard it, and not tell us it's more amazing than every song Britney's ever done combined times three trillion.

BEST FICTION said:
aOblivious said:
I might get to hear the final version today at work.

Well if that's true, I hope you do! I'd like for a realistic person to have heard it, and not tell us it's more amazing than every song Britney's ever done combined times three trillion.

I'm a fan, but I'll probably have an unbiased view when listening to it. I'll report back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.