Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Britney Spears - 7th Album {March 2011}

Even though that could mean anything, and even though I wasn't too bothered about a theme this era going down a 'magic' or 'magician' type route kind of shows theme progression, sort of? Could work, although in saying that I don't want Britney to have another excuse to hide behind theatrics again.

But of course, this is just a simple tweet that could mean anything.

he/him

A magic theme would be cool visually. Musically not so much. Maybe a few songs.

*Word reaches me that Britney Spears has been impressing people behind the scenes whilst working on her new album. One of the producer’s working with her, Fraser T. Smith, tells me she was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. Fraser – who penned one of my favourite hits last year, James Morrison and Nelly Furtado’s duet Broken Strings – says she was professional and totally adorable. Fraser said: “We worked on three tracks and I love them all. I turned up straight from the plane and she was fantastic. She made coffee for us all in the studio, her voice was strong and she was totally focused on her music. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I just hope the tracks make the final cut for the album.” Me too – Fraser’s one talented dude. Britney’s new album drops in March.

http://www.deanpiper.com/index.php/2010/12/12/the-rest-of-this-weeks-column-6/

I wouldn't be surprised if the Fraser T. Smith stuff was scrapped. He was rumored to be working with her way before Dr. Luke and Max Martin were brought on as executive producers and when it was looking like the album would be released this past fall. I'm pretty sure the direction has changed since then. And probably for the better. While "Get Outta My Way" is a great track for Kylie, I don't think it would have ever worked for Britney.

he/him

People always praise Britney's studio and work ethic. It's so nice to hear positive comments!

ColdasFire_Baby said:
*Word reaches me that Britney Spears has been impressing people behind the scenes whilst working on her new album. One of the producer’s working with her, Fraser T. Smith, tells me she was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. Fraser – who penned one of my favourite hits last year, James Morrison and Nelly Furtado’s duet Broken Strings – says she was professional and totally adorable. Fraser said: “We worked on three tracks and I love them all. I turned up straight from the plane and she was fantastic. She made coffee for us all in the studio, her voice was strong and she was totally focused on her music. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I just hope the tracks make the final cut for the album.” Me too – Fraser’s one talented dude. Britney’s new album drops in March.

http://www.deanpiper.com/index.php/2010/12/12/the-rest-of-this-weeks-column-6/
I realy want his songs to make the cut.

Lennox said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Fraser T. Smith stuff was scrapped. He was rumored to be working with her way before Dr. Luke and Max Martin were brought on as executive producers and when it was looking like the album would be released this past fall. I'm pretty sure the direction has changed since then. And probably for the better. While "Get Outta My Way" is a great track for Kylie, I don't think it would have ever worked for Britney.

um get outta my way is not a fraser track. The writer of one of the Fraser songs (Heather Bright) has said that she was told her song was a potential single.

lindsie said:
Lennox said:

um get outta my way is not a fraser track. The writer of one of the Fraser songs (Heather Bright) has said that she was told her song was a potential single.
I really want him to give her a ballad a la Broken Strings.

andru said:
People always praise Britney's studio and work ethic. It's so nice to hear positive comments!

And her vocals too; producers and songwriters never fail to mention that she can actually sing, and is in and out of the booth, because she kills it instantly.

dinosaur said:
andru said:

And her vocals too; producers and songwriters never fail to mention that she can actually sing, and is in and out of the booth, because she kills it instantly.

Yeah they always says she's a pro and does the track in no time!

blaze_dave said:
dinosaur said:
andru said:

Yeah they always says she's a pro and does the track in no time!

You see this annoys me about her, the girl can actually sing so I'd like her to prove it. If she just made songs to suit her lower register she'd be able to sing live so much easier, pop music can be sang in a lower tone as well Britney.

She has a studio voice. She makes studio pop music, she doesn't make live music and she doesn't use 'live' vocals. Moreover, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The latter is probably the reason her songs have strangely been so consistently amazing for 12 years.

Don't worry. When she starts dancing again (and singing ballads live at least) the order will be restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.