Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM said:
Grammy producer:

Will Britney Spears show up at the Grammys?

The 53rd Annual Grammy awards air Sunday night, and as usual, the show will rock, producer Ken Ehrlich promises CNN.

<a href="http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/09/will-britney-spears-show-up-at-the-grammys/">{yadda yadda yadda}</a>

While Ehrlich reveals that "fans' jaws will drop" when they see Katy Perry's music number, he won't confirm reports that Britney Spears will appear on the show.

"I have no comment," he says. "Nothing to say about that."

Guess we'll find out when the Grammys air February 13 at 8 p.m. on CBS.

For fuck sake.

She's also ~rumoured~ to be attending Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party.

Its annoying that the Grammy's have resorted to same tactics as MTV in the whole "Use Britney for ratings" scheme. Adam made it pretty clear she wont be performing soooo yeah. I doubt he would go through that much trouble to deny it.

Re: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale {7th Album - March 2011}

TM said:
mcavenna said:
And I really didn't get to see the information on some tracks, so I don't know if Britney co-wrote something. But I don't think I've seen her name on any of them. Actually she's pretty much out of all the frenzy of choosing tracks and post-production. She goes there, does her thing on the studio and that's it. Job done. She's quiet.
As much as I didn't want to believe it, the part about her not being as involved as we are being led to believe seems true. People talk about her team not putting effort into promotion, but they don't see that maybe Britney herself doesn't want to {and maybe to some extent doesn't care}?

I suppose there is this interpretation, but to me, it just reminds me of what Kylie had to say during her Popjustice interview last year about not wanting to bother with the "paperwork" of the putting the album together and instead just focused on recording.

See I think Adam would deny it, IF it was going to be the big surprise on the night.

Probably totally wrong - but I feel like a big performance is coming, out of the blue, if not Grammys then somewhere else...

$leazy. said:
TM said:
Grammy producer:

Will Britney Spears show up at the Grammys?

The 53rd Annual Grammy awards air Sunday night, and as usual, the show will rock, producer Ken Ehrlich promises CNN.

<a href="http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/09/will-britney-spears-show-up-at-the-grammys/">{yadda yadda yadda}</a>

While Ehrlich reveals that "fans' jaws will drop" when they see Katy Perry's music number, he won't confirm reports that Britney Spears will appear on the show.

"I have no comment," he says. "Nothing to say about that."

Guess we'll find out when the Grammys air February 13 at 8 p.m. on CBS.

For fuck sake.

She's also ~rumoured~ to be attending Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party.

Its annoying that the Grammy's have resorted to same tactics as MTV in the whole "Use Britney for ratings" scheme. Adam made it pretty clear she wont be performing soooo yeah. I doubt he would go through that much trouble to deny it.
She can do a surprise performance at the Grammy's, that's what Perez said, but i don't believe him, sunday is very near, so let's wait.

I don't know.

On the one hand, you'd think they might advertise her performance to faraway galaxies if she was actually going to do it.

At the same time, it would be the biggest surprise of the night if she opened or closed the show (surely they wouldn't plop her right in the middle?) and have people talking throughout the week leading to the video premiere, which will be blogged about ad nauseum the Friday after it premieres - altogether kick-starting a big album campaign a month before its release.

The second scenario - although far more desirable - seems too good to be true.

By keeping quiet both team Brit and the grammys have got the hype from speculating about her performance wether it happens or not.

I think its probably in her best interests to not appear until after the video.

Someboy said:
I suppose there is this interpretation, but to me, it just reminds me of what Kylie had to say during her Popjustice interview last year about not wanting to bother with the "paperwork" of the putting the album together and instead just focused on recording.

That's understandable, as Britney hasn't ever been interested in the business aspect of her career. But it's strange how she doesn't seem to want to herself go out and talk about the song/album that she's been working on for 'the past 2 years' and instead just following whatever her team have planned for her.

She could say "I want to do a radio interview before the premiere of the song to get my view across and communicate with my fans." But there's none of that. It's not paperwork, it's a crucial part of being a pop star - going out there, being charismatic, engaging, etc.

speedyboi said:
By keeping quiet both team Brit and the grammys have got the hype from speculating about her performance wether it happens or not.

I think its probably in her best interests to not appear until after the video.

Her team has not been quiet. They have denied the performance about 4 times.

MattMari said:
dinosaur said:
gimmemorebitch said:
dinosaur said:
The Art Installation said:
Brit Brit said she's been working on the album for 2 years, so why is she only working with will.i.am now, a few weeks before the album's release? this better not be one of those rushed albums.

She's hardly been seen in the studio much over the past two years - 2009 she was on tour and 2010 she spent getting frappuccinos, going on holiday, going shopping and driving aimlessly.

It seems they are worried they don't have enough hits.

What are you talking about? She's been photographed in and out of studios since 2009. During this time last year (right before Grammys) she was in Miami at a recording studio.

Also, Britney is notorious for recording last minute. She's done that for almost all her previous albums. This is nothing new.

Hardly regularly - in and out once or twice every few months is not exactly major for someone working hard for two years on an album.

No, she isn't! She was promoting In The Zone THREE months before the album was released in November - recording wrapped in August 2003, she started performing in September, came to Europe by the end of September, spent October promoting before she got 'ill' and then spent November promoting up until the album's release date.

Similarly, Blackout was also finished its recording stages by the time Gimme More was released online - the leaked demo disc was from months and months before the release date, as we saw when she had it in her car driving around. The modifications were Pro Tools-based.

Circus also had an early cut-off point - hence Telephone being too late for its inclusion.

So, no, she isn't notorious for late recording at all. Her first three albums wrapped long before their release dates, and long before the first single was released to radio.

This whole Femme Fatale release is rushed because Sony are desperate to get her sales in this tax year to boost their profits report for shareholders - and the three-pronged release (standard, deluxe and fanbox with a massive mark-up) is them pulling out the stops to maximise sales.

Check your fact before writing long post like this.

Womanizer was last minute.

Piece of Me was very last minute.

Check your facts - there is nothing factually incorrect about my post.

Saying something is "last minute" and that "Britney is notoriously for recording last minute" and that she's done it for almost all her previous albums is WRONG. She has 6 previous studio albums. The first three were finished, mixed and mastered far before the first single was released to radio. The fourth was also finished completely, and the tracklist was finalised the week before the first single went to radio. These are FACTS. If you had followed her career as attentively as I have done since 1999, you'd know this, simply from remembering the press releases and electronic press kits that came out for each album.

Piece Of Me was one of the last songs she recorded for Blackout, but it wasn't 'last minute' at all. She was carrying a disc containing a lot of demo versions of songs that ended up on Blackout in February 2007 - months and months before the album was mixed and mastered. Teresa wasn't sure Piece Of Me was suitable, but Britney, having no management, decided to go for it. It was recorded, mixed and mastered before Gimme More was sent to radio, hence it appearing in early reviews of the album.

One report claimed Britney had gone back in the studio to record additional vocals for Womanizer, and that had delayed its premiere - most reports reported that it had been delayed "due to undisclosed issues with the mix." In fact, we never even had an official premiere date from Jive/Sony until they announced 29th September 2008, when it hit radio stations around the world. She was not recording for the album in October or November 2008 - the album was mixed and mastered, and a 4-track promo had been sent out with the final, finished, mastered mixes.

So, please, check YOUR facts. Recording tracks for the album - brand new tracks - as she is now, 3-4 weeks after the first single premiered, and just about 7 weeks from the album release date, is incredibly rare, and not just for Britney.

I think this all might have something to do with Teresa leaving Jive...

Just a feeling.

he/his/him

What?! She's leaving? Why?
ps the latest teaser looks grrreeat... smidgen of dance!

heyho said:
I think this all might have something to do with Teresa leaving Jive...

Just a feeling.
And now beyonce quickly grabbing hold of her to get that 'edgy' title! What a surprise....
I am still hopeful on this album but if things go otherwise - i guess it will be a kick in the head for team britney to not transfer most of the album management role to exec. producers alone. With people like britney, we want to see progression (a la blackout) and not stuck in current trend to get 'hits'!! Hold it against me is good (with slightly something new) but it isnt really a HUGE step ahead if we are talking music trend wise!
If britney is ever so slightly involved in tracklist deciding factor - as larry has said 'she has that distinctive hit song instinct quality to her', everything will be fine!

missydee said:

She's left already.

And it is a bit of a big coincidence Britney starts to record a lot again, new producers etc after she leaves...

@BritneySpears will be sitting down to do her fan Q&A on twitter tomorrow, February 10th, at about 10:30 Pacific.

Wouldn't Teresa still be involved with the album? I know she's on a different label now, but she's been involved with this album from Day 1, and she'll obviously be credited on it. I highly doubt she'll leave at the last step....?

heyho said:
missydee said:

She's left already.

And it is a bit of a big coincidence Britney starts to record a lot again, new producers etc after she leaves...
[/quote

Especially when Adam tweeted that she was finishing her album back around the VMA's.

TM said:
@BritneySpears will be sitting down to do her fan Q&A on twitter tomorrow, February 10th, at about 10:30 Pacific.

Wouldn't Teresa still be involved with the album? I know she's on a different label now, but she's been involved with this album from Day 1, and she'll obviously be credited on it. I highly doubt she'll leave at the last step....?

I think you may be right. It would make sense. But it can also follow up a last minute change like giving Dr Luke the entire exec. production and so they have to re-do the concept/songs (I don't think Dr Luke involvement was really clear back to the summer camp, wasn't it?).

as much as id like to see britney out there performing again i dont think its gonna happen/a good idea. it would be much better if they left it til after the video premiere anyway, especially as noone other than her team has seen the choreography/styling/theme for this era yet

Status
Not open for further replies.