Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
APC said:
For fucks sake, Adam said she's not performing...and yet people will still be throwing a temper tantrum when she doesn't. Britney fans truly are a fry short of a happy meal.

That's not really the case though, is it? Rather, rumors have persisted despite her manager's denials and it seems pretty reasonable anyways, it wouldn't be the first time a pop star's manager said one thing and another thing happens.

Someboy said:
APC said:
For fucks sake, Adam said she's not performing...and yet people will still be throwing a temper tantrum when she doesn't. Britney fans truly are a fry short of a happy meal.

That's not really the case though, is it? Rather, rumors have persisted despite her manager's denials and it seems pretty reasonable anyways, it wouldn't be the first time a pop star's manager said one thing and another thing happens.

But that's exactly what APC is saying - people always cling to the rumours until the last minute regardless of where the evidence is pointing. Sure, stranger things have happened, and I'd be thrilled if she did perform, but it's been denied by her manager over and over again. Give it up.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Someboy said:
APC said:

Nothing would lead me believe Britney will ever perform an American awards show again until she's up on stage taking a bow. Nothing.

brettbretterson said:
But that's exactly what APC is saying - people always cling to the rumours until the last minute regardless of where the evidence is pointing. Sure, stranger things have happened, and I'd be thrilled if she did perform, but it's been denied by her manager over and over again. Give it up.

I don't see anyone really "clinging" to any rumors. I see a lot of people stating they want her to perform, they hope she performs, but no one really seems to be saying that because Perez Hilton reported it then it must be happening.

I would be shocked if she performed, but I don't think it's out of the realm of reason that she might show up and present an award.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Someboy said:
brettbretterson said:

I don't see anyone really "clinging" to any rumors. I see a lot of people stating they want her to perform, they hope she performs, but no one really seems to be saying that because Perez Hilton reported it then it must be happening.

I would be shocked if she performed, but I don't think it's out of the realm of reason that she might show up and present an award.

It's sad that that's about as exciting as it gets in a Britney era now.

She's so not performing, but she should really attend and present an award or something. I mean, everyone will be watching and she obviously has some stuff she should be promoting anyway...

Edit: Oh, this was basically just said. Helps to read, kids!

Re: Britney Spears - Femme Fatale {7th Album - March 2011}

APC said:
You can look at it however you want, but I think it all just seems so shady. Nothing seems to add up in this era. It all seems scatterbrained, last minute, and incredibly generic. Nothing more than a quick buck for Jive before the end of their fiscal year. As a matter of fact, it feels like another greatest hits album in the making. I know it's not, but everything just has that air of "whatever, as long as we make our money" that Greatest Hits eras so often possess.

While I'm still confident Britney will deliver great music this album, I do agree with you about Jive. Shady label.

APC said:
You can look at it however you want, but I think it all just seems so shady. Nothing seems to add up in this era. It all seems scatterbrained, last minute, and incredibly generic. Nothing more than a quick buck for Jive before the end of their fiscal year. As a matter of fact, it feels like another greatest hits album in the making. I know it's not, but everything just has that air of "whatever, as long as we make our money" that Greatest Hits eras so often possess.

I agree, everything seems so rushed and last minute at this point and we still haven't heard anything from Britney since her single came out.

I will honestly be extremely pissed off if there aren't any tracks written by her on the album though. We all know she is fully capable. Remember 'Rebellion'?

iRyan said:
APC said:

I agree, everything seems so rushed and last minute at this point and we still haven't heard anything from Britney since her single came out.

I will honestly be extremely pissed off if there aren't any tracks written by her on the album though. We all know she is fully capable. Remember 'Rebellion'?

I don't think you should expect any songs written by her this era.

APC said:

How can you say it's generic, or any of this for that matter, when we've only heard one song?

DarkSacoura said:
APC said:

How can you say it's generic, or any of this for that matter, when we've only heard one song?

One song that he likes..

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

DarkSacoura said:
APC said:

I'm so done with explaining myself to fans like you. It's a fucking feeling, it's not fact.

APC said:
Someboy said:
It's sad that that's about as exciting as it gets in a Britney era now.

That's a rather obvious twisting of my words.

APC said:
DarkSacoura said:
APC said:

I'm so done with explaining myself to fans like you. It's a fucking feeling, it's not fact.

Don't start that "fan" bullshit with me. And you wouldn't have to explain yourself to me if you wouldn't feel the need to vomit up some horrendously negative and unreasonable expulsion every ten minutes, and then chalk it up to "a feeling". I get feelings too, but I know when I'm being unreasonable.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

You want my explanation? The song is mediocre at best, the photoshoot is terrible, Dr. Luke is an abomination music, and Twitter is not a substitute for real promo.

THERE. Fuck.

If my favourite artist was making me feel the way you do APC, I'd really think about why you still cared enough to post about them endlessly.

For the past few months I've been reading this thread, I don't think I've seen you post one positive thing...

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Britsean said:
If my favourite artist was making me feel the way you do APC, I'd really think about why you still cared enough to post about them endlessly.

For the past few months I've been reading this thread, I don't think I've seen you post one positive thing...

Then you clearly missed my excitement when I saw a couple of the teasers for the Hold It Against Me video. Why should I be happy with things that I truly think are awful just because I like the artist? Britney has her moments, and when they're great...they're great. She's just been shit for way too long now. I don't need someone telling me I should reevaluate my opinion on an artist. As a matter of fact, if Britney had someone on her team that cared about her career half as much as I do, I doubt everything she touched wouldn't be such mediocre bull.

And I see less and less people declaring their excitement for this era anymore. There are reasons behind it, and it's not just me who senses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.