Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElectricPlatypus said:
I actually like Ciara's "Gimme Dat"video better than this. Now that's a dance video.
I know this one is much 'cooler' but it's not particularly to my taste. I love Britney's smile.

I agree, and I feel like the 'Gimme Dat' video packed a much larger punch, even without the large budget and 'kitchen sink-thrown' production value.

aOblivious said:
ElectricPlatypus said:
I actually like Ciara's "Gimme Dat"video better than this. Now that's a dance video.
I know this one is much 'cooler' but it's not particularly to my taste. I love Britney's smile.

I agree, and I feel like the 'Gimme Dat' video packed a much larger punch, even without the large budget and 'kitchen sink-thrown' production value.

I guess we just don't care for the direction. I am all for colorful, exciting visuals, but this is like a cake with all icing and no cake.

Conalae said:
She should've screemed and made all the TVs explode with glass and sparks raining upon her, rather than just shoot paint at them. A nod towards 'Toxic' like with the Meteor to 'Oops!'.

One of the TVs you see burst could be displaying the Toxic screem at the same time.

I like the paint, thought it was well done.

The dance in Gimmie Dat is OUT OF CONTROL. The video is a whole is horrible though, the "negative" parts, the outfits etc all suck.

I'd place this video in 5th, behind Slave (by far her best ever), Toxic, My Prerogative and Everytime.

J

jurkin

ElectricPlatypus said:
aOblivious said:
ElectricPlatypus said:

I guess we just don't care for the direction. I am all for colorful, exciting visuals, but this is like a cake with all icing and no cake.

The funny thing is this is Britney's second video with a horse, the first being Me Against The Music

Explain this please.

Oh My God.

That director's cut is SO MUCH better than the actual video.

It really shows how product placement ruined the video (in my opinion).

R

Resi12

Someboy said:
If 'Gimme Dat' is the standard by which videos are judged, then I don't want to be a pop fan.

Yes, while the dancing is great. It's just her in a hangar for the whole video.

THOSE EYES FREAK THE SHIT OUT OF ME EVERYTIME, EWWW!

What director cut? OK so I am watching this on Smash Hits and honsestly, it's what I've been wanting off Britney for so long. You go Brit, just amazing!

truman said:
Oh My God.

That director's cut is SO MUCH better than the actual video.

It really shows how product placement ruined the video (in my opinion).
Exactly. My first initial reaction (watching the product heavy youtube version) was slight disappointment as i couldnt focus on anything else but that bloody plenty of fish thing. The other version makes you think of the video as a whole!

superglowy said:
jurkin said:
The funny thing is this is Britney's second video with a horse, the first being Me Against The Music

Explain this please.

Madonna looks like a horse................hence the comedy!

I'm not laughing. Madonna does not look like a horse!

R

Resi12

OH DEAR GOD, Radar has just come on after Hold It Against Me. I forgot about this monstrosity of a video, it's just awful..

The product placement free version is about 10 times better.

I keep fast forwarding to the breakdown. So so amazing. The fight scene actually fits all the fast cuts, and it looks brutal. I thought it was gonna be mickey mouse bullshit, but it was quite hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.