Britney Spears - General Discussion | Page 3492 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJF

RJF

“Make Me” and “Slumber Party” was her best one-two punch since... “Toxic” and “Everytime” perhaps?

2. I'm gonna pretend I didn't get every inch of my basic life to Hold It Against Me and Till the World Ends in 2011 and wholeheartedly agree with you.

3. In The Zone and Blackout had such perfect trilogies of singles. No, I do not count Outrageous as a single.

4. Circus too!

5. Nothing Britney had ever produced has ever been trash (except Britney Jean but we don't talk about that). The bizarre fixation that poster has with Femme Fatale is amusing, but obviously untrue.

Ferk and QueenB like this.
  6. But I LOVE Outrageous ddd

Music Is Death likes this.
  7. For some reason people who stan Femme Fatale tend to drag Glory and its singles. It’s just something that I’ve noticed over the past couple of years.

Mr.Arroz and The Holy Spearit like this.
  8. Also, Slumber Party is glorious in its entirety. Even Private Show (the world does need more Britney Spears soul songs).

9. Oh, I'm not saying those songs are trash. They've just aged poorly. I thought they were the pinnacle of pop in 2011 (they're the highest played songs on my Last.fm dd), but now not so much. That's why I agreed that Make Me/Slumber Party is her best one-two punch since Toxic/Everytime.

nikkysan and Rem like this.
  10. Not really. Both albums are great but they both have songs I think are rubbish... Drop Dead Beautiful and Slumber Party being the ones I no longer enjoy

IfUSeekAmy likes this.
  11. They’re not from the same era but 3 - Hold It Against Me is probably my favourite 1-2 punch of her career.

12. Fair. It's a huge classic for me but I'm also a fan since day one. I am not sure teens/20-somethings would agree? Maybe not? I'm honestly asking.

Agreed. Again, underscores that her catalog is too massive for a single show at this point. However, at this point, I'm not sure I need to see "Pretty Girls" live when she has still never done "My Prerogative," although she did seem to enjoy performing that breakdown.

13. Your lack of taste never ceases to amaze me sis.

14. Gimme More - Piece of Me - Break the Ice might be the best 1-2-3 punch of all time. As for 1-2 punches, my favorite is probably I’m a Slave 4 U - Overprotected.

15. I love having functioning ears!
    Oh yes these are also great. 95% of her singles are excellent oh wow

16. Wait how did I forget about the Blackout era

nikkysan, Womanizer, Rem and 4 others like this.
  17. These three really do make up the most flawless, majestic, breathtaking, epic and quite frankly life-changing trilogy of singles ever. Blackoutney was not playing. What a killer set of singles from a killer album.

GimmeWork likes this.
  18. So what's the tea on this @PayMe ?

19. But what about Oops - Lucky - Stronger?

Music Is Death likes this.
  20. I love Lucky but it can’t compete wth any of those three!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.