Britney Spears - General Discussion | Page 4733 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. This is pretty much my opinion on the matter, too. It's just so... anemic.

Digital_Fossil and lushLuck like this.
  2. New court papers were filed.

Britney Spears’ lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, calls on her dad, Jamie, to “resign now” in a new statement: “Britney Spears will not be bullied or extorted by her father. Nor does Mr. Spears have the right to try to hold his daughter hostage by setting the terms of his removal.”

3. This is a scathing read of Jamie dddd what I would give for a livestream for when Rosengart finally gets to cross examine him.

4. They shred him up! That is such a strong compelling statement that has so much conviction behind truly attaining her freedom. This has to be the nail in the coffin for him.

Dragging Lou Taylor and company into this is fantastic to see as well~

tea, Bobbyrae, GimmeWork and 6 others like this.
  5. That’s how I’ve always felt about Womanizer. I remember feeling so disappointed the first time I heard it because I was so excited.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Ah, the Music On Demand tags for Womanizer, hearing the BURIM. EXCLUSIVE, BABY tags over a massive sound system at my 2009 homecoming dance...the late 00s were a TIME

7. That webcam version of Piece Of Me that had Jeffree Star talking over it..

*shivers*

8. The WIP screensaving-ish layout on the website with the “GIMME MORE” title flashing. Horrible times. But good times.

9. I wish I still had that file because it’s kind of iconic

Sanctuary likes this.
  10. The one line that struck me: "The status quo is no longer tolerable, and Britney Spears will not be extorted."

The sheer incompetence and active harm committed by Sam Ingham over the period of the conservatorship really comes into focus with how forceful Rosengart is.

11. Very Crystal Castles (ii)

12. This was so satisfying to read. They better eviscerate him.

Attached Files:

Bobbyrae, GimmeWork, Hyrulian and 3 others like this.
  13. I literally just spit out my coffee when I got to the father of the year bit

14. It's frustrating that this is still an ongoing battle, but it's oh so satisfying to read how competent and forceful Rosengart is. He's really not going to let anyone breath once Britney is out of this right? And thankfully Britney herself seems to be fully on board with him going after all of them.

tea, Bobbyrae, Womanizer and 7 others like this.
  15. I hope Sam Ingham is disbarred. What an incompetent douchebag. I’m still so proud of Britney for the way she played him like the sucker he is his to get Rosengart.

Sam, tea, Womanizer and 3 others like this.
  16. "Mr Spears has, for more than a decade, evidently engaged in abusive and bullying conduct while also elevating his own personal and financial interests above those of his daughter. Mr Spears has, at last, been forced to recognize that it is best for his daughter if he departs now; he claims the right to drag his feet because it is best for him to cling to this conservatorship until he feels sufficiently vindicated. His idea of 'orderly' is to hang on until someone first brands him 'father of the year' and awards him a gold star for his 'service'. While Mr Spears professes his purported 'love' and 'support' of his daughter even as he stripped her of her autonomy, dignity and engaged in abusive conduct towards her, his First Response reveals his true motivations: to make or receive large monetary payments. Britney Spears will not be extorted. Britney Spears' life matters. Her well-being matters. Every day matters. There is no basis to wait. The time has come to chart a course for Ms Spears' freedom."

I.. that was a read, hunni.

Music Is Death, Robert, Sam and 31 others like this.
  17. Taking a shower when 'Swan Song' came on.
    Naturally in my shower thoughts thinking, the lyrics,
    'And I will never sing again
    And you won't work another day
    I will never sing again
    With just one wave it goes away

Made me instantly think of Britney.
    Rather fitting for her situation.

(Nobody cares I know.)

Womanizer and Runawaywithme like this.
  18. No surprise here, but the media attention this got was so annoying.

19. Since its looking increasingly likely the 29th will be Jamie Freedom Day, and there's a big old gay outing to Soho after (not KU bar though where i'll feel like a fossil), I think I'm going to attend this! Especially if they reinstate the press attendance and public audio so we have a live feed.

Strong rumours suggest the Netflx doc is set to drop the night before on the 28th (perfectly timed) so should be a pretty good vibe whatever Judge Pennywise decides.

Anyone left in here old enough to be my date?

20210902_001523.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  20. Dont jinx it dddd

YourLeadSinger and deepheat03 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.