Britney Spears - General Discussion | Page 4759 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Have there been any credible updates on the Netflix doc? It feels like a lot of whispers and speculation at this point, especially for something that people are claiming comes this month.

2. Deuxmoi has been the most “credible” source for it so far, but there hasn’t been any official announcement. I feel like the continuous developments in the case has probably been forcing them to continuously update it.

blaze_dave and deepheat03 like this.
  3. It's shocking how well she commanded the stage (and the world music scene) when she was barely an adult.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    blaze_dave likes this.
  4. Also this (unfairly forgotten) performance that deserves to be as iconic as the one posted above.

She was such a force onstage at such a young age.

5. Unpopular opinion but this had no business being lipped. In general all the Stronger performances should have focused on Britney singing it live, since it's such a passionate and emphatic song, rather than her doing another dance routine (the dancebreak of course stays).

tea, Nephilim, AllRed and 2 others like this.
  6. I love the whole attitude of this performance but I could never really get into it because she didn’t sing it live. Even with a heavy backing track, that could have given this the oomph it needed.

Overdose likes this.
  7. I feel like Stronger actually requires a lot vocally and given she lacked power to sing live simpler songs like Everytime in her prime, maybe it was all for the best that that mic was off. She should’ve prerecorded vocals though.

Nephilim, MmmDani and AndrewKuttler like this.
  8. She sang Everytime live when she had not been full-out dancing for an hour prior.

There is nothing in Stronger that couldn't be replicated with enough rehearsal time and a good use of background singers or a backing track.

9. Wait since when are we judging the quality of a Brit performance based on whether or not she lipped? That AMA performance is iconic beyond and I dream of having more of an HD rip every day haha. Def in my top 10 of her performances.

LiK and lushLuck like this.
  10. She’s back on IG.

11. Looks like the photo is actually from February?

12. It isn't the same picture, the background is different. Maybe she's just wearing the same shirt and necklace? And before anyone mentions the red hair, the recent paparazzi pictures didn't have it and I'm assuming they were just clip in extension rather than dye. I don't want to go down the rabbit hole so I'm just leaving it at that.

blaze_dave likes this.
  13. It's very clearly from the same day, her hair color and length is exactly the same. Which make the caption even more puzzling...

14. Not to discount the impact the movement has had but I can't wait until she can post a picture without people looking for secret signals.

15. RMK

RMK

I'm not really interested in decoding or policing her images or instagram posts, but that did immediately feel like an image or photoshoot I've seen on my feed before.

16. It's in full swing!

17. It's not really 'looking secret signals' in this instance, it's questioning why an image from February would have the caption claiming to be from this past weekend.

I'm not trying to decode or police her content but it is odd to lie about something like that. Especially when it's the first post after her social media 'break.'

Jordtayylor likes this.
  18. My post wasn't directed at you or anyone personally, I can honestly see where everyone is coming from.

I just look forward to a time when she's free and we don't have to question if everything that's posted in her name actually comes from her.

19. Yea I definitely agree with that.
    I just want her to be done with all this mental torture and able to live life on her own terms.

I pray for the day will soon come where she's finally rid of her fathers constraints and the leeches on her so called team.

No lies or smokescreens to keep up appearances. Just doing whatever the fuck she wants and not having to apologise for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.