Britney Spears - General Discussion | Page 4763 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Seems promising

2. I got goosebumps watching that.

Stopremix, timothy_b and deepheat03 like this.
  3. Whew! This looks very interesting and I like the angle they’re taking.

4. Wow. I got chills.

It looks like they interviewed the doctor that Jamie said evaluated Britney and he's denying it! What else are they going to pull out of those computer files?

No sleep for me tonight ffs.

5. Shit not Netflix pounding the final nail in the coffin for those bullies.

6. I like this a lot so far.

7. This reassures me a bit.

8. Yeah that interview gave me the reassurance I needed. Whilst there is a documentary to be made of that time in her life perhaps, it has been made ten times over. The is a true crime and human rights story to be told which upholds her dignity and this hopefully will be that.

An Insider and Jordtayylor like this.
  9. Looks like it will be released worldwide on September 28th. Not just in the US.

blaze_dave and IfUSeekAmy like this.
  10. It does look like it's skipping much of the backstory that the New York Times doc already did so well, so that's promising, but I didn't get much that felt new in that trailer. I'm still intrigued to see how it plays out.

11. I'm glad that this is taking a different perspective than Framing Britney. I think that, whereas that documentary aimed to look at how the media's treatment of Britney allowed us to turn a blind eye to what was happening, this seems to be focused on getting into the weeds of how the conservatorship started, who the key players are, and what the legal implications are. It sounds like everyone involved cared about being both factual and respectful to Britney as a subject, which I'm happy about.

12. Goosebumps.

IfUSeekAmy, blaze_dave and deepheat03 like this.
  13. I surely hope they have a good 10 minutes dedicated to throwing jabs at the sweet little sister.

neinzedd and ateensfan like this.
  14. Looks promising and it’s nice that she considered images of 2007 might be traumatic for Britney so they must be hoping she’ll see it one day and like it.

I honestly think that our reaction to this would be similar to Framing in a sense that there wouldn’t be a lot of new information for us as die-hard fans who have been following her life and case (though who knows, it may surprise us now and then). But, it’s going to be a lot of new info for a lot of the GP, which includes Netflix’s 200 million subscribers. The very least, I can see it having you fully question conservatorships in general, which would already considerable social impact for such a huge audience.

IfUSeekAmy and StratusJM like this.
  15. Felicia Culotta will appear on this documentary as well.

16. The official press release from Netflix:

The world knows Britney Spears: performer, artist, icon. But in the last few years, her name has been publicly tied to another, more mysterious term: conservatorship. Britney vs Spears tells the explosive story of Britney’s life and her public and private search for freedom. Featuring years-long investigative work, exclusive interviews and new documents, this Netflix feature film paints a thorough portrait of the pop star’s trajectory from girl next door to a woman trapped by fame and family and her own legal status. It shows Britney’s life without utilizing the traumatic images that have previously defined her. Director Erin Lee Carr (How To Fix a Drug Scandal, Dirty Money) and journalist Jenny Eliscu work to delve deep into the tangled history of the conservatorship that has been in place for over 13 years. The film weaves a shocking timeline of old and new players, secret rendezvous and Britney’s behind the scenes fight for her own autonomy. Text messages and a voicemail as well as new interviews with key players make clear what Britney herself has attested: the full story has yet to be told.

Music Is Death, Sam, Hyrulian and 7 others like this.
  17. Gaga’s manager and Sam are going off in the Netflix comments, questioning where the film’s profits will go

Hyrulian, blaze_dave and lilylu like this.
  18. I should note that footage in the trailer of her going in court with the red dress is from the morning before the standoff with police at her house and the first hospitalization. And obviously the scenes with Adnan are from the same period but it is commendable that they will try to avoid replaying the rest of those two years. At this point it doesnt serve any strong narrative purpose anyway - everyone has seen and remembers the headshave, the VMA debacle, etc. It's the rest that has happened behind closed (legal) doors that the public doesn't know about and what this doc looks like it's going to be about.

johnoclock and blaze_dave like this.
  19. Gaga's manager is friends with Lou Taylor and his client has stayed completely silent on Britney's situation. He really shouldn't be speaking on this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.