Britney Spears - Glory (2020 Deluxe Reissue) | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Glory (2020 Deluxe Reissue)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Nov 11, 2020.

1. I still haven't played the snippet since the first day it leaked, so although I remember the vibe of the track I can't remember much about it in detail. Which is killing me but I'm doing my best to hold out until release...

[​IMG]

2. Stay focused people. Please let this thread survive til release at least. Thank you.

I honestly can’t state how excited I am to hear her voice in something new. I sometimes tend to forget how much I love her but when something happens it instantly strikes me in the best way.

ItBeats, Modeblock, Nigel and 7 others like this.
  3. I really wasn’t feeling the snippet, I hope the full song is better.

Conan likes this.
  4. I haven’t played the snippet much since it was first released. I kinda want to savour the moment as much as I can because we haven’t had proper new music from Britney since 2016.

Modeblock, DaCapo, Rob and 8 others like this.
  5. David mentions Britney in a new interview:

I guess that answers the question as to how he feels about Britney personally.

nooniebao, GimmeWork, Floppie and 9 others like this.
  6. I tortured myself and visualized a video for the song (based off the snippet) with her in the single cover artwork look/desert vibe that would morph into a space/beach type scene throughout and some stunning visual close-ups of her look/singing the song throughout. (thinking Cheryl's "Only Human" video vibe)

LaChapelle would've done wonders with her. Goddamnit.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Nigel likes this.
  7. I liked this at first because any Britney praise is great with me, but the article is very old man yells at cloud.

Cringe.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.

8. Not to rain on David’s parade but Eva and Zsa Zsa Gabor were essentially an early version of Paris. They got into high society and transferred that publicity into movie stardom

nooniebao, GimmeWork, Island and 6 others like this.
  9. It's just so eyeroll worthy. Just because you're out of touch doesn't mean culture and art began and ended with your generation. And I wish more pop fans would untangle themselves from this way of thinking.

10. Absolutely, and this applies to both people old enough to have lived through it and those young enough to have never experienced it at all. A Reddit sized mess.

An Insider likes this.
  11. Good.

GimmeWork, AlmostFamous, Rob and 8 others like this.
  12. I get what Mr. LaChapelle is trying to say (and he's wrong). Some pop artists are still able to capture the zeitgeist in 2020.

Ms. Belcalis's WAP comes to mind.

colouroffensive, Jamie and TRAVVV like this.
  13. It's weird that he would say that when just last year he himself did a great photoshoot with Lizzo who I would've thought was an obvious trailblazer and someone who captured the zeitgeist, so what is the truth?

14. I loveeeee this concept for Swimming in the Stars. I don’t think we’re getting a video, sadly.

15. If we do, it just be candid videos of her in Maui.

Jordtayylor, Nigel and ally mcbeal like this.
  16. Definitely no video. I just have this mental disorder where I think I'm her A&R people and what creative directions I'd take her career/singles in. Ha!

TRAVVV, PapriKO and Nigel like this.
  17. blaze_dave likes this.
  18. So it is coming next Friday?

19. Yes!

lemonsqueezyy and blaze_dave like this.
  20. Island

Island Staff Member

Don't forget about their iconic mother too! Kris Jenner who?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.