Britney Spears - Glory | Page 3569 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Saturdays4Eva, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yea, and I'm totally cool with that. I still think Glory could have worked as a cohesive 12-track with the other 6 tracks being bonuses. I guess it's more about picking the right tracks for the main album + the right sequencing.

Main Album:
    Invitation
    Make Me
    Mood Ring
    Do You Wanna Come Over?
    Man On The Moon
    Just Luv Me
    Slumber Party
    Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
    Love Me Down
    Hard To Forget Ya
    Better
    Coupure Electrique

Bonus Tracks:
    Private Show
    Just Like Me
    Liar
    If I'm Dancing
    What You Need

Japanese Bonus Track:
    Clumsy

2. Can you imagine if Britney recorded this?

Maxxbustamante, Modeblock and QueenB like this.
  3. I’m completely fine with 18+ track opuses from here on out. Give me everything, Queen.

agnete, Noir, Modeblock and 5 others like this.
  4. Best song on the album along with Make Me.

Matty_up likes this.
  5. I never got the fascination with Mood Ring... i mean it's not her absolute worsts but it's just a filler track in my opinion :/

6. ... Why is this a bonus track in your tracklist though.

LP, Steve003 and Ferk like this.
  7. I love the song but it doesn't fit with the vibe of the stuff I put on the main album. I didn't go by what was my favorite / least favorite, just the stuff that seems to vibe as a cohesive record. I don't actually do album reworks on my iTunes or whatever like a lot of people here seem to. I love pretty much everything on Glory (to varying degrees) and I'm a lazy bitch who just uses Spotify. I just think they could have been a lot smarter with the official tracklist.

8. Man on the Moon is Top 5 on Glory and a discography highlight overall. So good.

Zinone, MYCAL, AlmostFamous and 17 others like this.
  9. Now there's meaning in the saddest songs, all I do is cry and sing along is such a career highlight of a lyric. Inherently Britney, so innocent, so vulnerable and transparent.

10. "I can't compete with the stars in the sky, I'm invisible" is probably my favourite line in her whole discography.

Steve003, MYCAL, AlmostFamous and 6 others like this.
  11. I love that it manages to pack a lot of emotion and melancholy into what sounds like a sugary bubblegum pop song.

blaze_dave, Steve003, agnete and 7 others like this.
  12. Man of the Moon is beautifully written I’m glad it was on Glory, definitely an album highlight.

Izzie, MYCAL, Anticonformity and 5 others like this.
  13. I love that ‘Just Luv Me’ is a “cool song to do yoga to” to Britney; what a meticulously produced, beautifully sung, otherworldly, incredible mid-tempo bop.

blaze_dave, Steve003, Izzie and 6 others like this.
  14. Man On The Moon is honestly one of Britney's best songs and one of the greatest pop songs of all time.

Zinone, MYCAL, Colin and 5 others like this.
  15. I love it but the 'French' part irks me somewhat, why didn't anyone correct her pronunciation?

collxtion likes this.
  16. You don't correct the Queen. The French language has actually now been altered to correspond with Britney's pronunciation.

Ray, Steve003, Ferk and 10 others like this.
  17. They probably did, just like they told her how to say Kesha's and Tinashe's name. She does as she pleases.

Lucas likes this.
  18. She said their names correctly. It's the artists you speak of who are mistaken.
    I do wish Britney would say "Tinashe" the way she says "baby" in Stronger though.

lushLuck and Jones322 like this.
  19. "Just Luv Me" is such a melancholy track. It's sensual as hell, and it slinks and bops with the best of them. But listen to those lyrics. Those aren't exactly happy lyrics to me. It reads more like she's trying to convince herself she doesn't truly need anybody else, this is just sexual "luv," not emotional "love." But she's in it too deep. Things are becoming too real.

blaze_dave, Ferk, Hugo A. and 7 others like this.
  20. Like it even better now.

lushLuck and man.tis.shrimp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.