Britney Spears - Glory | Page 1600 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Take You Home, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you mean me? It's one of my faves as well.
    Cackling at being mistaken for a mod.

Modeblock, Shinko, Mr.Arroz and 3 others like this.
  2. Oh goodness, yes I meant you!

Love you, boo.

mindtrappa likes this.
  3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

@Mr Telephone Man has it!

BML, mskx4, RJF and 5 others like this.
  4. Nnnot a moderator getting in on this romper room fuckery.

BML, RJF, Modeblock and 8 others like this.
  5. Doesn't Britney's team read this site? Mr Telephone Man is about to get hit with a cease and desist letter.

6. It's just hit me that we are getting a Mattman & Robin track on this album and I'm so excited.

BloodShyBait and Heartthrob like this.
  7. Wish I never listened to Clumsy now. I need the whole thing yesterday!

8. R92

R92

Ok, but I absolutely adore Clumsy. It's just so... weird? It feels so surprising to have a Britney song hit me with a left hook like this. I mean, it's not objectively the best song ever, but it's so far from what I would've expected. Can't wait to hear it in HQ.

9. 'Clumsy' is a fucking mess but I'll still use.

10. Can't wait to see how Clumsy does on Spotify vs Private Show. Speaking of which, I noticed she has a hit from every album except Blackout on her top 10 most popular songs under her Spotify profile. Weird that Piece of Me isn't there but crazy to think that she has a song that the general public recognizes on every album she's released. Not many artists can say that!

11. Clumsy is so fucking brilliant. The build is yas and she sounds so on. I don't know what flame was lit under her ass after Britney Jean and Pretty Girls but they deserve a raise and a bonus.

12. Sadly I don't need a reminder. I think about it all the time.

13. I'm so excited to hear Clumsy... can 11 (that's the time iTunes updates, right?) hurry up?!

14. This is her resurrection era - crucified Blackout and Circus then was asleep for two eras in a cave and now she's awake and ready to spread the gospel, red wine with Jamie Lynn, bread and fish

mskx4 likes this.
  15. Can you all stop with unnecessary Femme Fatale shade? Its a good album and it produced 3 of her biggest hits. Take a seat.

BML, MYCAL, EdenAlexander and 20 others like this.
  16. +1 this forever. It's a great pop album. Infinitely better than Circus.

17. I've just listened to a LQ audio of Clumsy and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it yet. I think a lot of the more intricate details of the production are lost because of the quality. It's a bop, that's for sure. To me, this is being played at a party that looks like a cross between The Fifth Element and The Great Gatsby.

It's also clear that Britney's voice has been given room to really shine with the album because again with this track, her lower voice is a real highlight. I don't know how to explain it but there are flourishes in the outro where a sample of her falsetto is used. To me it's angelic / otherworldly, like a Siren call off in the distance. I can't wait to hear the HQ version!

18. Yep!

I prefer Femme Fatale to Circus.

Honestly, I don't even listen to much pre-Britney Britney anymore, but the only time she's ever hit a genuine "WTF" low was with this last album.

Ferk, maneater83 and Drew like this.
  19. I wonder where 'Clumsy' fits into Britney's discography, quality/impact-wise, when contextualized with Taylor Swift's imperial phase and current pop culture dominance.

20. Circus murders femme fatale. Blur is like, omg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.