Britney Spears - Glory | Page 2525 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Take You Home, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In theory, I do love private show. But when I grow to accept the vocals, the production throws me off and vice versa. It's unfortunate when I absolutely adore both the lyrics and the melodies. I remember I did not mind the vocals at all in the snippet used in the perfume ad. But when that voice is used over the entire song span, it is too distracting, it leaves little space to appreciate or enjoy any other aspect. Stylistically, it definitely fits in this collection of tracks.

johnoclock likes this.
  2. Britney recorded the bridge for Tom's Diner but they ended up using Giorgio's, I believe he said that was Britney's choice.

Shinko likes this.
  3. I adore Mood Ring. It should've been on the album properly. PopINjustice.

selectual likes this.
  4. Am I the only one who doesn't use 'alternate' track lists? I genuinely love the album as is - every song, in order. The only thing I occasionally skip is Clumsy, but even that I get life to every now and then. I love Private Show and What You Need, though they'd both be near the end of my ranking if I was forced to rate the songs.

5. I still hate Private Show.

HeartSwells, IMHO, junglefish and 2 others like this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I've never altered an album track list order for anybody. I don't get the point.

Modeblock, Shinko and ohnostalgia like this.
  8. The fact that Britney delivered 18 AMAZING tracks (yes, I love Private Show, Clumsy, and What You Need, What You Need especially is such an album highlight for me) is enough for me. I don't want to give any away or trade one for another... it's perfect.

9. Sometimes I feel like I want to and then I feel guilty. I don't know why.

StratusJM likes this.
  10. I don't even listen to albums in order - expect for the first time - so no point in recreating tracklists.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. I made an album playlist on Spotify, so I could take out Clumsy. That's it, the order of the tracks work fine for me.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  12. I'm missing the "hoe" after "Mustard on the beat"

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I definitely get deleting tracks, although it takes me ages to do so. I've had enough tracks I originally hated turn into faves.

Mr Telephone Man and Shinko like this.
  14. No train ticket to go to Las Vegas and listen to Mood Ring?

15. I just listened for the first time and I like it but I can definitely see why they shelved it as a Japanese exclusive.

16. If you think that's bad, she never even bothered recording the chorus on the Circus track "Follow My Fingers". It's all Cathy Dennis & CoCo Morier. Same with the bridge in the track "Dangerous" that's all CoCo too.

17. Beyonce is a mix, actually. She has a big aspirational persona onstage but she still does relatable topics like infidelity. I may be wrong, but Kanye is relevant but he isn't as big musically anymore as he used to.

We can all relate to Britney because we follow her, but in the past few years, she hasn't put herself out there enough for the newer generation to appreciate the relatable aspects of her. Artists like Taylor make big efforts (most of the time cringey) to look relatable to the average Tumblr girl and it worked. Most importantly, it translates to their music.

I love Glory, but I'd love to see a Mood Ring direction too because it's the most relatable song she's had in a while. Melanie seems to understand Britney the persona, which translates into the lyrics and I'd love her for B10.

18. Thanks, I just changed my iTunes version of Glory to this tracklist, but keeping What You Need behind Clumsy.

Joe. likes this.
  19. Yes

20. Island

Island Staff Member

I like the song but yeah, maybe it's best it's just a Japanese exclusive. If anything, It should have been like a hidden track after Coupure Electrique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.