Britney Spears - Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood Ring is fantastic but I actually think the album is fine as it is and it doesn't need anything else in my opinion. This directly after Coupure Electrique is perfect, nothing else quite reaches the darkness of Mood Ring - apart from Just Luv Me which only touches on this level of melancholy in this way. Everything else like Man on the Moon feels more whimsical.

The ad libs thing doesn't bug me. She's singing lead, so its not like its some shady situation. She doesn't do the ad libs in Radar either or in Ooh Ooh Baby (not really ad libs but you get the picture) and I still love those songs. As long as no ones trying to pull something over on us its fine.

The not-Britney vocals in Mood Ring are weird because they sound like they should be BV, but they're louder than the lead. But it could be much worse. Hardly a He About to Lose Me situation.

he/him
Invitation
Make Make…

Private Show
Man On The Moon
Just Luv Me

Clumsy
Do You Wanna Come Over?
Slumber Party
Just Like Me
Love Me Down

Hard To Forget Ya
What You Need
Better
Change Your Mind

Liar
If I’m Dancing
Coupure Electrique
Mood Ring

I love how much of the album was written by people who grew up stanning her (Justin, Phoebe Ryan, Jesse Saint John, Jon Asher) or Britney herself. It feels just so /her/, and the the other tracks are some of the most experimental and weird she's ever recorded. The difference between Britney Jean or Femme Fatale and this in just how people who get her sound that fans love is remarkable.

I would have been happy having Mood Ring on the album taking the place of "Clumsy" or "Liar," but I'm just fine with it as a Japan bonus track. At least we got it released.

I wish Mood Ring was on the standard edition and the album had been called Mood Ring. I think people have said this before but I think it would have really fit seeing as the album has the full spectrum of 'moods'. I think it would have made for a great concept for the cover art and album booklet too.

Oh well.

Still loving the music which is the main thing.

Thinking ahead here, but her team really ought to get her back in the studio soon...

Re-release the album in an Ellie Goulding-esque fashion under the title 'Glory Days' or something. Tack on Mood Ring, shuffle the track list, add a few new songs and have another lead single ready in time for the end of her 2017 extended Vegas residency.

Thinking ahead here, but her team really ought to get her back in the studio soon...

Re-release the album in an Ellie Goulding-esque fashion under the title 'Glory Days' or something. Tack on Mood Ring, shuffle the track list, add a few new songs and have another lead single ready in time for the end of her 2017 extended Vegas residency.
Sis......
tumblr_inline_o8bn5oLgnH1spod4z_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.