Britney Spears - Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a wasted opportunity , then ! Both queens would've shined on that show. The video is great and they should start the promo NOW not after two or three weeks !

I really hope it wasn't Drake that turned her down. I need that collab to happen one day. He would've been perfect to elevate this song into an A+ and turn this into a certified hit.
That being said it all goes back to budget issues, top tier stars aren't going to do it for scraps. If her label didn't make a substantial offer of course some of those big stars aren't going to jump on. Kendrick Lamar did a feature for Jasmine V. for ffs If the price is right artists on that level are willing. Sia who's on rca just got Kendrick and Miguel. These things are doable.
I still think they didn't want to spend much and wanting to promote their other artist was more of a priority in the end.

Last edited:
Her best bet for this to be a hit is that the music video catches on and all those festivals pay off with radio. Thats it. And they waited so long to send it to radio, with the Xmas freeze basically upon us..... yea, I wouldn't hold my breath for great chart results. But I pray it does well enough to warrant a 3rd single. 3 singles at least feels like a reasonably complete album cycle.

Her best bet for this to be a hit is that the music video catches on and all those festivals pay off with radio. Thats it. And they waited so long to send it to radio, with the Xmas freeze basically upon us..... yea, I wouldn't hold my breath for great chart results. But I pray it does well enough to warrant a 3rd single. 3 singles at least feels like a reasonably complete album cycle.
It'll feel like a cycle alright considering we get one single a quarter at best.

I've got exactly the same issue as you. I'm a paid Spotify user and it's changed in all of my playlists. It's annoying since I prefer the solo.

Oh you're paid user and its happening to you too, i thought this was just a non paying Spotify user issue. I've actually seen a lot of fan complaints about this. They could've easily tacked on the remix at the end to bump Glory sales and left the original as an option for fans. The consolidation excuse is bs. Fix it RCA.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
It seems that People has some stans writing for them; their second Slumber Party article of the day features bits like "In the clip, the Holy Spearit parades around a mansion party in a series of scandalous ensembles, all providing prominent peeks are her famously toned figure."

Also, Brit shared a clip of the performance on Instagram. At least they finally chose a bit with good choreography, but I absolutely hate the audio in the clips they use. I also wonder there are so many damn versions of the song? The original, the official release with Tinashe, the video version with Tinashe (different ad-libs, Britney singing part of the 2nd verse), and then the live version which uses both "fucking crazy" and "crazy, crazy" at different points in the song.

The twirl at @2:40 is just MAGICAL.
1ef9f5.gif

It's a great video, but I wish they would have pushed the envelope a little more. The video is a tad too safe. Slumber Party really should have been the lead single. This video helps prove that.

Status
Not open for further replies.