Britney Spears - Glory | Page 3335 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Take You Home, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just logged in and want to say Glory still sounds so great!

ohnostalgia and Hyrulian like this.
  2. You do realize this is literally what every asshole ever says about themselves, right? Was it not you who made the comment about Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) and Britney's maid?

Making ableist, low-key sexist, ageist, and racist comments is not merely expressing "strong opinions," it is a sign of a deep disregard for/misunderstanding of people other than yourself.

If you're going to pretend to "rescind" your insensitive comment, don't follow it with a pathetic jab including a 13 year-old girl and 23 year-old man, then continue to stubbornly proclaim your prejudice against relationships outside your comfort zone.

OT: Better should be single number three. We've seen the dancehall vibes are still very much in vogue. I wouldn't be upset with a sexy beach nighttime setting, and a cute lil' story line.

Sam should be in the video.

ohnostalgia, Mr.Arroz, Lander and 6 others like this.
  3. This thread is nuts. But dropping in to say if Sean Paul can get multiple hits in 2016 I literally have no doubt in my mind that Britney definitely has a few left in her. Just comes down to timing. And Make Me was a hit so like, can we stop with all the talk that Glory completely bombed and Britney is going to be dropped as a priority from her label?

She got switched out on a movie soundtrack song with an artist that just had huge solo/group radio hits, has huge industry clout behind her and is Cuban. I have no problem with Britney doing a Pitbull collab, but let's not act like this was some huge loss.

4. My boyfriend is 40. Let's not give Millenials no credit

Hyrulian, R92, Modeblock and 2 others like this.
  5. I also like to add my partner is 21 years older than me and we have been together nearly 10 years.

Yes it is hard work sometimes but when isn't a relationship?

Anyway... I hope we get something from Britney music wise soon as it is getting a bit dull, considering she has released an amazing album like Glory.

6. Judging anyone's personal life is a dick move, period.

7. Yasssssssssssss
    [​IMG]

Oh shit - I had no idea they had broken up. Or that he is rumoured to have cheated. Damn.

It's not insurmountable but it is something. There's a world between 14 (age of consent down here) and 24, for example. Someone brought up Sophia Grace and Justin Bieber, and like, if they were residents here they could have perfectly legal sexual relations next year....but do I believe that'd be healthy or beneficial? Obviously Britney and Sam Ansghari(sp?) doesn't come near to that, but it is a big gap and it's interesting to consider. It seems a lot of powerful women get burned by older men/men their own age who can't take the power disparity, and end up going for younger men happier to play the 'boy toy' role without feeling so...shook up about it?

Except Susan Sarandon's one.

8. Britney's happy. That's all I care about. After all the shit she's been through in her personal life, she deserves to be happy, regardless of age etc.
    Though I would say regardless of this, it still wouldn't matter that he's 23 and she's 35. I know it's a cliché but she literally is just a number - I've dated 35 year olds who are extremely immature and 21 year olds who seem like the oldest people on the planet. If it's for sex, a committed relationship, or something else entirely, it's her choice and she can do what she wants. It's particularly strange to hear an LGBT+ person trying to impinge on someone else's relationship rights. I mean, isn't that pretty much our entire history?

9. Is this like calling people racist for criticizing Pitbull aka a blatant cry for attention?

10. A simple example to show the potential absurdity of that blanket statement. And what on earth does Pitbull and my thoughts on how white people easily dismiss him and his hustle have anything to do with this?

PettyPolitics likes this.
  11. What I don't understand is that we have this amazing album, that got great reviews, that her team even got her on Carpool Karaoke, that she did the AMA's, the VMA's etc. So they got a lot of things right and yet they give up after two singles? I know messing things up is something her team does well. But even then it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Ok, you could say that everything went wrong with the video we got for Make Me and that everything went downhill from there but that's not true. Make Me did well on iTunes even after a VMA performance that could should have been way better. So that shows there's still some interest from the GP I guess?

After that, we got one of her best videos in a long long time. Why didn't they bother to promote it properly? The argument that Britney does no promo is invalid because she DID a lot of promo this time. And she was very proud of this record. Did they think that the song would take of with only a good video?

So many questions unanswered...

12. It's really not that difficult. The longer an album is out, the harder it is for singles to make an impact. Radio didn't even glance at 'Slumber Party' despite a feature and a fantastic video. Anything else would be throwing money down the drain.

13. I don't think it's that much of a mystery why there's no third single. Slumber Party flopped on Pop radio, only lasted a week on the Hot 100 and did very little for the album. Therefore RCA don't see the benefit in putting out a third single and losing more money.

I mean Britney could take it upon herself to record some videos over the course of the year (Man On The Moon, Just Luv Me, Do You Wanna Come Over, Change Your Mind) and throw them out but she's never been that sort of artist.

mindtrappa likes this.
  14. Let's not overlook the fact that the feature was hardly anything to brag about, and that "Slumber Party" was released right into the Christmas freeze.

Drew likes this.
  15. It's not hard at all to see why they didn't continue following "Slumber Party".

They should have had two singles ready to go before the campaign launched, so they could just roll it out and keep up momentum when she was busy doing other things. Even doing a video for one of the countdown songs (like The Weeknd does) would have been nice. It really does go back to the whole "Make Me" video fiasco, though. It set the tone for just about everything.

16. Still me whenever I press play on Glory.

Modeblock, Leopold, QueenB and 7 others like this.
  17. Ok, I get there's no third single because Slumber Party flopped. What bothers me a bit is that they didn't really try to make it a succes.

Oh well, not much we can do about it. I'm gonna listen to the album again. Might lift my mood a bit.

Leopold likes this.
  18. The first single rollout fucked EVERYTHING UP. Simple.

19. Make Me was a bad choice in terms of lead single. Simple.

20. It really wasn't. It sounded like it should be played on radio but wasn't too desperate. It was something familiar, yet different for her. It all went wrong with the lack of video and then putting out that abomination. I still think they made the right call with the song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.