Britney Spears - Glory | Page 3542 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Take You Home, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Britney once taught me if I'm dancing it means the music is good.
    *dances to Glory*

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The album is on-trend, and still fresh today. She should seriously be so proud of aligning her own taste and quirkiness together in such a fabulously competent package of pop.

3. Happy Glory! My album of the past year.

andru likes this.
  4. I think Glory has aged better than Femme Fatale but I think I still slightly prefer the latter.

5. If I'm Dancing is a career highlight. Never gets old!

6. I can't believe its been a year since Glory came out. It still sounds so brand new to me.

blaze_dave, neinzedd and QueenB like this.
  7. I'm so happy we got Glory, it was everything I wanted and needed from Britney (musically speaking). And yes If I'm Dancing, Change Your Mind, Hard to Forget You, Love Me Down, Just Luv Me, and Man on The Moon have become some of my favorite songs from her. Nothing but bops on Glory.

Madaboutmusic and andru like this.
  8. Her worst album since Circus. Femme Fatale is her best album since In The Zone/Blackout.

9. Glory is much better than Femme Fatale.

10. But Glory is so cheesy and sounded dated on the day it was released.

11. But it's not and it didn't.

MYCAL, agnete, Ray and 18 others like this.
  12. No song on Glory is cheesier than Drop Dead Beautiful or Big Fat Bass. And Femme Fatale actually aged the worst out of all her non-Britney Jean albums due to the generic 2011 sound through almost the whole thing.

Glory is objectively the better album. Better vocals, better production, better lyrics, and actual input from Britney. I like some songs on Femme Fatale but it was too lifeless and lacked personality.

agnete, Ray, Lander and 4 others like this.
  13. Saying this while...praising Femme Fatale. Ok work.

14. Femme Fatale is a great album. Glory is a greater one.

Hyrulian, MYCAL, sesita and 14 others like this.
  15. I prefer Femme Fatale overall but Glory was good.

playboy69 and Anticonformity like this.
  16. I'm honestly surprised at how well Glory has held up. It's obviously not In The Zone, and while I'm not sure if it's a better album technically than Blackout, I've found it's a much more pleasant listening experience since the context of the latter is near impossible to divorce from the music. The final tracklisting still seems like it was deprived of a final round of edits, but there's a really diverse and cohesive album to pull out of it in an all killer no filler kind of way.

1. Invitation
    2. Make Me
    3. Do You Wanna Come Over
    4. Man On The Moon
    5. Just Luv Me
    6. Slumber Party
    7. Better
    8. Hard To Forget Ya
    9. Change Your Mind
    10. Just Like Me
    11. If I'm Dancing
    12. Coupure Électrique

And before some huffy bottom wants to know where Love Me Down is, throw it on as a bonus track if you must. But it just doesn't fit the more subdued vibe of the above, and the vocals land somewhere between self-parody and grating.

17. Her Carpool Karaoke episode also aired 1 year ago today! Time flies. I loved this part:

18. Ugh can James just shut up

Chris_P, agnete, Shinko and 9 others like this.
  19. Once Vegas ends has anyone heard what she is planning to do yet?

20. Island

Island Staff Member

London residenceney.

MYCAL, Modeblock, queenietate and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.