Britney Spears - Glory | Page 3553 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Take You Home, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does not gaining 100,000,000 streams somehow make an artist less worthy of stanning? (It doesn't.)

2. No, but it becomes obvious people are operating out of an antiquated "streaming is dumb!!1111" mentality / bias from the get-go and their input is probably not the most worthwhile.

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  3. I'll always say 'Do You Wanna Come Over' is one of her very best songs. 'Toxic' in 2017.

4. Fair. I love streaming and basically only use Spotify to listen to music these days - outside of videos, of course - but I don't believe it's the be-all end-all of music consumption, nor is it really a fair way to measure quality (or even popularity for certain genres). I didn't quite understand what you were getting at there.

Sanctuary likes this.
  5. She's so beautiful I can't even
    *cries*

6. If everybody involved would have really wanted it and gave their all it could have been
    1 Make Me
    2 Do You Wanna Come Over
    3 Change Your Mind
    4 Slumber Party
    5 If I'm Dancing
    and her biggest era since... I don't know.

And it may be a unpopular opinion but yeah... Come Over is one of the songs that could have become capital b Big.

But this is all fiction so who cares.

7. I agree with this singles run, I think it was a mistake to go with Slumber Party as the 2nd single. There was so much potential on Glory, sigh.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  8. Slumber Party is one of her all time best. They fucked it up, but it wasn't by any means a bad 2nd single choice.

9. Agreed. I could see it AFTER Come Over, just to break up the 1-2 midtempo punch after Make Me, but I certainly wouldn't put it fourth or fifth in a singles run.

Just Luv Me was testing well with audiences too so slot that in somewhere and I think you have the four really obvious commercial radio singles of the album. Sorry, Change Your Mind.

10. Imagine a single run of

'Make Me' - 'Do You Wanna Come Over' - 'Slumber Party' - 'Just Luv Me'.

Dreamy.

11. And now imagine a singles run of

Hard to Forget Ya - Hard to Forget Ya - Hard to Forget Ya - Hard to Forget Ya.

Even better!

QueenB likes this.
  12. She looks so beautiful here.

13. The thing is I have my dream single run but I totally understand other opinions because they are just as reasonable considering how strong those songs are. For an album some people said not having many possible singles on it it is quite impressive. I see a lot of options.

Slumber Party wasn't a good choice for second single. I can't even put my finger on it but something about it feels third or fourth single. Especially since the feature version was just fan service and the opposite of trying to actually push it. Bless Tinashe and everything but in no version of reality it would have helped Slumber Party.

Shoulda woulda coulda etc.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She really does look so damn lovely here.

15. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change 'Make Me' as lead single for the world but I wonder how 'Slumber Party' would have fared going first.

16. Looking back, I wouldn't have had "Make Me" be the first single. It's a great song but I think it didn't really grab anyone who wasn't already a fan. I actually think "Do You Wanna Come Over" would have done the trick. Nothing in 2016 actually went the way I predicted, so what do I know.

17. I love her dearly but I do wish she'd try and learn some new adjectives to describe her feelings in interviews.

Noblesse and JacobTheMiro like this.
  18. This is a really cool and interesting idea.

19. [​IMG]

Bobbyrae, Square, Overdose and 4 others like this.
  20. "Slumber Party" was massive and a solid single choice. They just needed a more interesting and commercially viable feature on it, if they were bothering with a feature at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.