Britney Spears - Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Hold It Against Me, but it doesn’t really sound like the type of song Britney would vibe with.

I was watching this yesterday and I loved how she introduced me to a new sexy bop (around 25:00):

Her taste!

I love Hold It Against Me, but it doesn’t really sound like the type of song Britney would vibe with.

I was actually listening to it yesterday, and while I think this is probably true for the verses*, that hook is classic Britney sounding, or at least she makes it so. I've always been struck by how gorgeous she sounds on the chorus. I know we know it, but her voice really is just pop magic that totally elevates most songs.

*these were lowkey disappointing, particularly following the previous lead single which was full of iconic phrases and gave us classic moments such as SAY-IT-PLAY-IT-how-you-want-it-but-no-way-I'm-never-gonna-fall-for-yow.NEVERYOWBABAY.

I was actually listening to it yesterday, and while I think this is probably true for the verses*, that hook is classic Britney sounding, or at least she makes it so. I've always been struck by how gorgeous she sounds on the chorus. I know we know it, but her voice really is just pop magic that totally elevates most songs.

*these were lowkey disappointing, particularly following the previous lead single which was full of iconic phrases and gave us classic moments such as SAY-IT-PLAY-IT-how-you-want-it-but-no-way-I'm-never-gonna-fall-for-yow.NEVERYOWBABAY.

I don’t know, I’ve always figured Britney’s personal taste skews more towards R&B (or in her words, urban music in general) sounds with Toxic being the exception.

Last edited:
I am also a Hold It Against Me stan and long time Femme Fatale apologist. Although I do get the feeling Brit doesn't like Hold It.. given it's omission from Piece of Me and the 2% energy she gave it's promo and tour performances at the time of it's release. Sitting down for that break-down? Still a cardinal pop sin.

Last edited:
I am also a Hold It Against Me stan and long time Femme Fatale apologist. Although I do get the feeling Brit doesn't like Hold It.. give it's omission from Piece of Me and the 2% energy she gave it's promo and tour performances at the time of it's release. Sitting down for that break-down? Still a cardinal pop sin.

I actually thought she did Hold It Against Me decently (for latter day standards) for the first few tour dates.

It was the promo performances that were truly... something.

Can you believe Hold It Against Me will be a decade old in just two weeks from now? Insane.

This is...terrifying. I mentioned Hold It Against Me here a few weeks back, but it really is such an underrated single in her career. Again, I get the feeling she’s not the biggest fan considering it never popped up for Vegas, but what a song.

I loved 3 when it came out, I still revisit the Groove Police remix which slaps but I rarely listen to the original version. I still scream remembering some radio stations at the time played the censored version that replaced "living in sin is the new thing" to "living in this is the new thing", why though ddd.

I'll admit that I have a big bias to 3 and Hold It Against Me because I first started really exploring the internet/YouTube in 2010, and before then I really only listened to what my family liked/the radio. They were my first true tastes of Britney beyond the instant classics in her discography as of 2010, so I'll always have an appreciation for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.