Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (1st single) | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (1st single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dag, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Dag

Dag

As confirmed by Peter on the front page. I guess it's pretty much official?

2. Yay! Did he heard it?

3. Pretty much, well I'm not sure It's been officially confirmed as the 'lead' single yet, though I suspect Mr Popjustice has pretty reliable sources to have posted it. As for the song title, it could be interpreted in a number of different ways..already got my dirty mind thinking what it could mean (but probably doesn't!)

4. It´s the first single for sure... doubt Peter would write about it otherwise.

5. Rmx

Rmx

Perfect title. Indeed so much better without the "don't".

Hold It Against Me. I picture very dirty things, but maybe that's just me.

6. merden

merden Guest

Oh God I hope Brit pulls out the superslut image this time around... smokey eyes... rolling around in a bed... snapping her crotch ala Stronger... My ALL TIME fave Brit moment is when she makes out with her dancer during Breathe On Me Onxy Tour. AMAZING!

7. Another skanked up, inudenous sex anthem then? I wonder if she'll ever do an 'artist' album along the lines of 'Like A Prayer' and get all sincere and deep on us?

8. Dag

Dag

Of course she won't. What makes you think she will?

Britney, quite simply, isn't deep.

9. This era looks like it's going to slay so far.

Brian Friedman
    B&A
    Mario Testino

So excited for what's to come.

10. She's not a deep or sincere person so I'm not sure why should make a 'deep and sincere' album.

11. W2K

W2K

Why would anyone ever want her to do that?!

12. My hopes for this album have suddenly gone down a 96%. Sex innuendo? Dr Luke? Meh.

I seriously thought they got it right this time. But it's obvious they thought 3 had done so well in the States with no publicity or proper video that they had to repeat the same formula. Well, I expect 3.1 which is the opposite I was hoping for.

13. All of this from an single title? Do we even know the producers.

14. Dr Luke and Max Martin. What else do you need?

15. merden

merden Guest

I'd love for a "deep and sincere" album from Brit. Of course it would be developed by a huge team, and researched/marketed to within an inch of it's life but... who cares. What happens behind the scenes isn't really important, it's the end product that matters.

An album with Britney singing about her breakdown, about being labled crazy, about feeling out of control etc etc would be brilliant (and who cares if she doesn't write any of it herself).

16. That would require depth, sincerity and artistic independance. Britney is a gloriously OTT pop puppet. We all know what happens when she ends up in control of writing her music...

17. Really looking forward to hearing this! I hope this is Britney back at her best

18. Everytime? Someday (I Will Understand)? With some help I reckon it could work really well.

19. W2K

W2K

You're hot but no.

20. Is there any news on when the song will be premiered?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.