Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (1st single) | Page 122 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (1st single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dag, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Also it's Britney's new lead single and Iam sure she'll be doing some promo like see z100 radio.

2. deadmanssong

deadmanssong Guest

It really isn't wise at all.

3. I know a lot of people feel like Katy, Bruno and Ke$ha have the top 3 locked up at the moment, but this is Britney fucking Spears. From the demo and what we've heard people say about the song, the final version is going to be epic. I have no doubt the finished product will be miles better than 3, and we all know how well 3 turned out (with zero promotion, as well).

I just remembered this floating around in September:
    [​IMG]

It's almost prophetic! I mean, obviously the album isn't going to be called HBIC, but the date is spot on for the single.

4. TM

TM

5. So I still haven't listened to the demo but it's interesting to see the comments about what it sounds like. The song has been compared (in some shape/form) to:
    Shattered Glass
    Take It Off
    Cannibal
    Toxic meets Gimme More
    Blow
    Only Girl (In the World)
    The Time (Dirty Bit)

All those songs are so different so it's pretty interesting/funny to read all these comparisons.

6. This song sounds like the finished product is going to be great.

7. Radio premiere today and iTunes release on Tuesday would still make sense! I will die if we get to hear it today. I think premiering it at the weekend is a good move, because then people will get to listen to it when they're getting ready to go out, and might be more inclined to buy it come release day. No?

8. My opinion of the leaked demo is, you think it is worse than it is on first listen because the "Hey Over there, please forgive me" just sounds like some wannabe girl with no experience in music giving recording a song a go, instantly dropping expectations. The chorus is enjoyable and has great potential. But the verses aren't catchy at all at the moment. Production needs massive improvements.

9. Ok i liked the demo, loved the artwork, loved the other song in the album title, good this be her best era yet?

10. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Here's my review of the single cover:

Great (tousled!) hair.

On another note, I think Peter should employ a running gag throughout the album campaign and make a post whenever Britney appears with tousled hair. We all know The Lady Spears is one for a color change or new haircut mid-promo, so we could have brunette tousled, short yet tousled, and classic blonde Britney tousled - and come December we could take a vote as to which tousled look suits her best.

11. http://twitter.com/#!/RadioNOW1009

12. LOVE The Artwork.

QUEEN SPEARS Indeed..

[​IMG]

13. I suppose the majority of people who were gonna download those songs would've already done it using their Christmas vouchers, but I'm still not sure.

RadioNOW better not be fucking with us but I have a feeling they are.

14. I knew you would love it, i love it 2, so excited.....

15. The "artwork" is so boring. And kind of cheap. Like, very kind of cheap.

16. Both KISSFM and RadioNow are saying they're going to play it today.

17. The demo has FINALLY clicked with me. I hated the verses and only kinda liked the Chorus, but in the space of 24 hours, It's my new obsession...............and it's only the demo :D

18. I know this has already been posted, but i thought it would be a nice reminder of what's to come..

[​IMG]

Thank GOD...

19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Not exactly. They've only stated when they're going to announce when the premiere is, not that it will be today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.