Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (1st single) | Page 596 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (1st single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dag, Dec 9, 2010.

1. There really couldn't have been a better choice for lead single.. this was perfect! It got tons of attention, and if they hadn't mucked up the whole on air/on sale tactic and got a video out ASAP it could have been huge in the UK

2. Check out this mash-up of Hold It Against Me and Shattered Glass (starts at 11:00 due to copyright issues) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBQbq9qGzWM The two songs are so alike I forgot I was listening to a mashup at all! Love how they did the dubstep bit!

3. Well got to number #6, so top10 hit!

4. Still my favourite song of the year (The PJ Fanmade Extended Edit that is).

5. SO true about those singles. I find myself refalling in love with HIAM. Still love TTWE, but IWG has lost some airplay as I played it nonstop when the album first came out. Very happy with the singles so far. Now if 'Inside Out' would be the fourth it would round out a perfect single era for me.

6. It's all true! It took some time, but this has really become a classic. I honestly even love the routine, well, the second verse routine that is. Love it. The tour mix made "Hold It Against Me" move up to my most played song this year.

Honestly, I freaking love Britney's vocals in general. When you compare her to someone like say, Jennifer Lopez, it's just amazing how much personality, life, oomph, whatever you want to call it, she injects into every word. She has such a distinctive delivery. I would kill for a live performance of "Hold It Against Me" with a band, kind of an "Oops I Did It Again" at SNL treatment for this song. The amount of movement she does in this routine is pretty much on par with the "Oops" moves and God, she would just own me if she sang it live.

7. I'm right there with you. I think it's one of her best songs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.