Britney Spears - Rebellion [51 sec clip] | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears - Rebellion [51 sec clip]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Britney Who?

2. ..nah that whole "britney who" joke dosent work, it's not like she's a member of hearsay or something everyone knows who britney is.. i bet she's been in the papers/mentioned on PJ more since she got married, than when she was just singing...

3. Ok! That was your opinion!
    Not mine!
    x

4. I understand that everyone is excited that they have heard a short Britney sample, but seriously... this stuff will never be released for the simple reason that you have heard it. What's more, the songwriter is now screwed because no other artist is going to touch the song.

So shout triumphantly about your 'discovery', but know that you are not doing anyone any favors. Also, Britney has stated as late as last week that she won't be doing an album for awhile. So sit back and relax. This won't be on it.

5. Steve

Steve Guest

It's not really a discovery - her official web site uploaded it, just like they did with the clip of the song about her sister earlier in the year. It isn't an 'illegal leak', like "Guilty" or the DFA demo. Surely they must be considering using it, otherwise they'd give us the full length tracks, as opposed to 51second clips. If Britney didn't want us to hear it, it wouldn't have been uploaded. Also, the songwriter could well be Britney herself - she is the sole 'creditee' on "Someday (I Will Understand)," so it's definitely not an impossibility - and, as it's her official site, surely there would need to be clearance to upload unreleased material that is written by someone else.

And, despite saying she would not be doing an album for "a year or two, we'll see," Kevin told the press just a few days ago that she was in New York with him writing and recording in a studio, whilst he was promoting the Virgin "penny text" campaign.

6. She is really losing her touch...

7. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

No, I don't think she is. But I guess we'll have to go with the 'agree to disagree' route.

8. I'm guessing you'll be first in line to buy the K-Fed album.

9. Steve

Steve Guest

I'm pretty sure Kevin still doesn't have a record label!

10. For the sake of humanity, lets hope so.

11. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Woah, woah, woah. We were talking about Britney, not about her husband. I will not be buying his album, even if its the greatest piece of music ever. I like Britney, not her husband.

12. I said that because you seemed like all the other mindless drones that will do anything for Britney.

13. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Haha, no, I just wish that she would produce great music.

14. Exactly! Why must everyone assume that all Britney fans will buy into all the mercahdise (including Federline) and think that everything Britney does (including Federline) they will love and buy without blinking?? Nearly all of the people on this board have much more sense than to do that.

15. Where have you been? Until she got with Kevin Freeloader she has produced nothing but great music. ^_^

16. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Oh, I know. "Toxic" is still heavily played on my iPod. I meant I wish she would produce more great music.

17. Steve

Steve Guest

I quite liked "Someday (I Will Understand)," but then I think that's more down to the wonderful Guy Sigsworth production!

18. It's funny how everyone seems to hate Ms. Spears. But once she makes you think she's "cool" again. You'll be back on the bandwagon buying her cd and loving her until she's gone again, and you'll al turn your back. She's just a pop star, not Jesus, so back the hell off of the hating.

19. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Here, here!

20. I don't think anyone's saying, "Britney's not cool, I used to like her but now I hate her."

I think people are saying, "Britney's really squandering her future, alienating the non-fans that may have once bought her music, and making poor choices that affect whether or not we'll ever get to hear another genius song like 'Toxic."

We still love her. We just wish she would take a step back, witness the flaming train wreck that her life has become, take a shower and get on with being an icon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.