Britney Spears | Page 4261 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Britney Montana was so cute here. Also, vocals on point!

2. Okay but Britney should have snatched this instead of Gasoline from Bonnie for Femme Fatale.

3. Third time lucky!

4. Most has been said about In The Zone, but I actually look at the Glory era as the best era as a fan since Circus. We mention how it could’ve been so much more but misfires aside, it was the most ‘Britney’ era we’ve gotten in the decade. An era she was willing to put herself out there again. Great music, some fun interviews, a couple of good performances, some really great magazine shoots, she looked absolutely gorgeous... we really weren’t fed as much in a decade.

LykkeLi, Womanizer, maikos87 and 9 others like this.
  5. Gasoline? One of the best songs of the decade? I think you mean this could’ve replaced Big Fat Bass. (But this song is trash too, so I think I’ll keep Big Fat Bass)

Modeblock likes this.
  6. 2020 would bring back the Siri Jean collaborators.

MmmDani likes this.
  7. Why do fans have to go and dig up what's already been dead and buried. Leave it ALONE.

8. This is gorgeous. Like a little time capsule frozen in time.

Drew likes this.
  9. I’ve been on a massive, uncontrollable, can’t-stop-listening Britney hype the last few weeks. I’ve smashed my way through her entire discography and back over and over again, completely renewing my love and appreciation for her.

It’s been particularly nice to read some of the In The Zone love on the last few pages. When all is said and done, that is probably my favourite Britney album (although Blackout would probably try and put up a fight). But I mean her entire discography (well, most of it) is pop perfection delivered with absolute precision and finesse.

The woman is a legend. The world needs a reminder.

10. ITZ, Blackout, and Glory stand clearly as confident labours of love in my eyes.

There's Britney charm in even her most robotic, dissociated, phoned-in vocal performances throughout her discography (not counting a certain forgotten mixtape), but after years of distance from their release, the aforementioned three remain highlights.

That said, each of her records has at least one song in my all-time Britney top 10.

Baby... - Sometimes
    Oops! - Oops!
    Britney - Overprotected (aka the best song of all time) / Bombastic Love
    ITZ - The Hook Up
    Blackout - Piece of Me
    Circus - Amnesia / Circus pre-chorus
    Singles Collection - 3
    FF - TTWE usually, but it's been Gasoline lately.
    BJ - Godney Ache
    Glory - If I'm Dancing (with Jesus) / Mood Ring

QueenB, MmmDani, Stopremix and 2 others like this.
  11. Well this is a choice.

Womanizer, Burzum and blaze_dave like this.
  13. Both Overprotected and Bombastic Love are excellent.

14. ... Baby One More Time - (You Drive Me) Crazy
    Oops! I Did It Again - I love Oops, Stronger & Lucky equally. Tour de force singles.
    Britney - Overprotected
    In The Zone - Touch Of My Hand
    Blackout - Toy Soldier
    Circus - Circus
    Femme Fatale - Trip To Your Heart
    Britney Jean - Alien
    Glory - Do You Wanna Come Over?

Modeblock, MmmDani and Burzum like this.
  15. Body Ache has one of the funniest/most embarrassing moments in pop music history when you can literally hear the vocals switch from Britney to Myah. I'm genuinely not sure how anyone could continue listening to that song.

16. During this quarantine I subjected myself to listening to an episode of Bradley Stern and T.Kyle's non-Britney podcast and they were talking about wanting to get Myah on it. If they're really as big a Britney fan as they each say they are why would they do that? Let that horrible chapter die and don't bring it more notoriety.

Hyrulian, Monado and lushLuck like this.
  17. Aw nice to see Robert showing Brit some love.

18. The gag is that I think both verses are Myah but the vocal production on the album is so amateur they couldn't even make Myah sound like herself.

19. Every time I hear the chorus for Body Ache I just hear the Love Island theme and it drives me mad ddddd

20. Yet Bradley throws a fit every time fans question his antics he’s so dumb

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.