Britney Spears | Page 4726 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. The digital jukebox we had in our bar at the time downloaded this as the official track for some reason so it was stuck on there.

lushLuck and VivaForever like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Work Bitch out-peaking I’m A Slave 4 U??? *Vom*

3. A lot of that list shouldn't have out-peaked Slave, and that's the tea.

Digital_Fossil, neinzedd, upu and 2 others like this.
  4. Do we consider Work Bitch a hit?

5. It has left its (Myah-heavy skid)mark culturally. As a moment, 'Work Bitch' is still far and away the best thing to come out of the 'Britney Jean' project.

x

Sam, Bobbyrae, Blue6010 and 9 others like this.
  6. I remember reading somewhere that its worldwide sales isn’t too bad so in some ways could be classified as a minor hit. It feels a bit forgotten now that Britney hasn’t been able to perform it in concert, though with Gimme More (rightfully) getting its shine.

7. I’m convinced Work Bitch is as big as it is based entirely on it being featured on workout playlists. I have no evidence of this and will not be doing any research.

Thank you.

huntypoo, Sam, Modeblock and 8 others like this.
  8. It was a minor hit in 2013, it has become one of her signature songs ever since - whether that is deserved or not is another story.

9. I just hope we get the version of “Work Bitch” with Britney’s actual vocals on lead the next time it pops up on a compilation. They could just use the vocals from the POM show.

Overdose likes this.
  10. Work Bitch was a cultural reset/ economy revival/ morality resurrection/ etc. regardless of whoever sings on it.

LPT, Sam, VertigoStick and 10 others like this.

11. The level of control Jamie had over her life is shocking. Barring an entertainment producer for taking a selfie?! How does one even explain that kind of behavior. I cannot wait, not only for his removal but when he gets sued.

12. (Not that it takes much.)

I unironically love Work Bitch though.

13. [​IMG]
    This alone made Work Bitch worth it.

14. I went to a gay bar and they didn't play any Britney the whole time I was there so after mutpile shots I went and asked for some and they played Work Bitch.... I took the win but really? Out of every Britney bop? And in a gay bar?

15. Work Bitch is iconic. It was also certified platinum in the US and Canada, silver in the UK and gold in a handful other countries, so most definitely a hit I'd say!

16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

If nothing else, Barstool Juan giving us the "Work Bitch" video was amazing. One of her best visuals.

michaelhird, tea, Womanizer and 18 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Don't get me wrong I can enjoy Work Bitch, but it charting high is a weird thing to process, especially it being higher than some of her ultra classics.

18. Unfortunately I think we do have to accept that Work Bitch has turned out to be a fairly significant hit in her discography. It felt like it underperformed at the time, especially because she'd had a pretty solid winning streak Circus- Femme Fatale. But it's shockingly stood the test of time in terms of popularity. And unfortunately is probably her last significant hit to the GP.

19. I will happily take this small mercy over Scream & Shout ever being called that. Though it irks me that that is her last UK number 1 to date.

irishlamb likes this.
  20. This got me curious about Britney's chart performance in Australia and I forget that In The Zone was a really good era for her with 3 consecutive #1s. She did 1 better in Ireland with 4 consecutive #1s (Me Against the Music, Toxic, Everytime, My Prerogative).

Baby One More Time (9 weeks)
    Oops I Did It Again (2 weeks)
    Me Against The Music (1 week)
    Toxic (1 week)
    Everytime (1 week)

Sometimes
    Piece of Me
    Scream & Shout

Lucky
    Gimme More

Hold It Against Me

Womanizer

Circus

I'm a Slave 4 U
    I'm Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman
    My Prerogative

Do Somethin'
    Til the World Ends

She's also been pretty consistent with the top 10 hits across her albums, with Bruja Juanita being her first album to break that streak here. Overall she's been able to achieve at least top 40 with at least 1 single on every studio album, including Glory (Make Me #39).

Guyhawke! and QueenB like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.