Britney Spears | Page 4727 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Although the question of whether or not she retires after ending the conservatorship for good reason, her commercial prospects are realistically high, aren’t they? I mean, even with the Glory era, there still seemed to be a lot of steam left with Make Me debuting with great sales, though lagging behind on streaming. Although she’ll be in her 40s, she’s in a unique position where she’s still talked about and being an icon in a way Madonna, Tina, Cher and co are icons (who all scored hits in their 40s). It will depend on the song, but I can see radio getting onboard with a comeback single, too. She also has an older fanbase that she may have lost over the years, but would most likely come out this time to support.

I’d be curious where her headspace would be musically and which sound she’d fit in in today’s landscape, but I’ve always felt she’s usually at her best when she means into more hiphop and R&B influences. The type of bop/confessional alt-R&B Mariah the Scientist, Tinashe and SZA and the triphop that Billie did on Happier Than Ever would be great moodboards for her, in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  2. [​IMG]

I stan my avatar even more now. Queen.

3. [​IMG]

Not Britney in her Solar Power era!!!! Lorde's impact !!!

I'm sure someone smarter that me will work out the 15 times she shades her family in this

4. Gimme More’s revenge in 2021 is a moment most pleasing to me. Seeing it being her second most popular song on Spotify along with pretty impressive streams for good songs is satisfying.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  5. Work Bitch is that bitch! It may be a simple song and not 100% Britney but I still bloody love it! The choreography is just great.

GimmeWork, Sam, Stopremix and 9 others like this.
  6. I can't believe the Vegas wigs were a thing with her at the beginning of the run. The costumes were just atrocious, too. They got so much better in 2016.

Stopremix and LMX like this.
  7. Circus (song) has just been certified Gold in the UK.

I anticipate a lot of songs will reach new thresholds by the end of the year thanks to the renewed interest in her discography.

Womanizer, upu, AlmostFamous and 7 others like this.
  8. I was honestly disappointed with the album at the time and only really used the singles, but I’ve grown to love Circus the album as a whole over the years. Fans are right that it’s In The Zone’s sister album and eventually, it forms a trinity with Glory of her “collection of varied pop sounds” albums.

Speaking of

Sam, snoho, Womanizer and 5 others like this.
  9. “Kill the Lights” doesn’t really get the praise it deserves. Spooky as hell. The way her vocals twist into this minor key groan in the chorus on “See me nowwwww?” Perfection.

10. Circus would be near perfect had the album ended at Lace and Leather.

11. It was the right decision to move on to 3 after If U Seek Amy, but they really should’ve opted for a re-release instead of The Singles Collection. Circus is actually an album that would have lent to several videos even for the non-singles, which Beyoncé was doing at the time for Sasha Fierce. Mannequin for example wouldn’t have made a good single, but a visual for it would’ve been interesting and could’ve sold the album. They really could’ve pushed the Circus concept further.

12. Certified Platinum

13. Quicksand should have ended the standard album.

14. Work Bitch is definitely the last song of hers that the GP remembers. All of the straight office girlies at my work know it. That’s how you know it’s a hit. Edit: Actually ignore the whole post, many of them know Pretty Girls too. I wish they didn’t.

15. I'd love a "Caution" kinda album from her. Also, some of the songs on Tinashe's new album would really suit her.

Steve003, VivaForever, Burzum and 2 others like this.
  16. I'd kill for an ethereal, artistic, dream pop album from her. Her more angelic songs like Unusual You, Invitation, Don't Hang Up, Heaven On Earth are my absolute favourites from her.

17. That yellow top, the black pants and long arm gloves remains one of my all time favorite looks on her. She fucking rocked it.

I believe Britney has a ton of power still to get #1 hits and attention if she wished to in the future.
    The problem before was her team pushing a rather stale thing to keep getting money.
    But if Britney switched her image up and musical dabbling like she loves to do, she could really turn some heads.
    Neither here nor there at the moment, just making a point that we know Britney is a massive artist, she has so much talent and abilities when she's given opportunity to pursue and showcase.

QueenB and blaze_dave like this.

18. “I think it’s long overdue and wonderful to see it happening for different women in different arenas and scenarios,” she says. “I made a mistake. Britney didn’t. There were other young women this happened to, and there’s an enormous amount of collateral damage. So I think it’s not just an apology to a person; it’s an apology to how you’ve affected a culture. What is sexual agency? What does it mean? It’s not surprising that this de-objectifying of women is happening alongside the #MeToo movement. They braid together in a way that makes sense.”

19. Poor Radar.

20. 'Out From Under' fades out.

Danja:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we interrupt our program of Dance Music to bring you a special bulletion from the intercontinental radio news
    Our very own Pop Princess, now Queen of Pop, has a special announcement of an announcement she would like to make

Music Is Death, Karma, tea and 20 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.