Britney Spears | Page 5139 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. I doubt most straight people my age know she did anything proper since Scream & Shout to be honest so yes - no surprises here.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

People brought her up at work and I had to effectively go back to my desk and completely not engage. It’s weird hearing people in healthcare say verbatim “well if she was in a conservatorship then the legal profession clearly knew what was best for her”, “lithium is normal for mentally unwell people”, “she’s embarrassing her children”, “her new husband seems dangerous”, and “$40k a month? She knew what kind of person Kevin was, and that’s fair after Shar Jackson”.

Like SHUT UP. It’s just ugly how people refuse to actually investigate anything but speak with their whole chest as authorities. Conversations like that where I solely observe really pinpoint the ignorant ones in our office. Jesus.

3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Not weird at all.

Jeppo likes this.
  4. I’m choosing to believe today’s Wordle was Britney inspired.

Josh K and Laurent like this.
  5. Didn’t even know this was a thing. Did anyone mention it here?

6. Her look for that BBMAs performance was ridiculously stunning.

IndyRS, Modeblock, Womanizer and 13 others like this.
  7. It was mentioned but it's nothing too exciting. It's just an Elvis song with the Toxic instrumental.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  8. Sounds like a cheap cash grab plus I am traumatised by this Cristi person, get her off my feed immediately!

lushLuck and nathanspears like this.
  9. When I heard the mashup in the movie, I immediately thought of Britney covering Trouble before Gimme More at the VMAs. A bit iconic, if you ask me.

10. Prior to reading the article I thought it was going to be “Gimme More” mashed with “Trouble” and thought that was clever. But as it stands, “Viva Las Vegas” X “Toxic” is meh:

“Toxic Pony” unbothered.

Wishlight, neinzedd and johnoclock like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

What is this post.

scottdisick94, Conan and Sam like this.
  12. When i saw the movie I was more focused and hyped with his verse "if you're looking for trouble, you came to the right place". I really thought the imaginery of the vma's performance/video was so smart. I have to confess i had no elvis culture before. So it gives way more credit to that peformance, taking place in Vegas especially. Her vibe and cultural references were so here.

Then seeing in the movie how Elvis got trapped in Vegas made me realised also how Britney was traped with Piece of Me era, a glld cash machine. I recalled immediately the "i'll be in Vegas for 2 more years" speech when she announced it on stage.

Sad.

Wishlight, johnoclock and QueenB like this.
  13. Britney would be so fitting for Super Bowl but, sadly, I don't think she cares...

dangeleyes, johnoclock and Ti_v like this.
  14. I don't think she doesn't care, probably just living life and working through her mental health.

I am sure she will do it when she's ready.

15. Weren’t there rumors of DJs asking to work with her for nearly the entire conservatorship and always getting told no?

16. I'd be here for collaborationey if it's make her happy, if she gains confidence by playing around in the studio in her own terms and putting out some new music without pressure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.