Britney Spears | Page 730 | The Popjustice Forum

Britney Spears

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Toxicated, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Haha sorry I didn't see it...I wondered why noone had brought it up!! Strange though, if it turns out to be a true and this is an 'amended' 2001 track...what will they have done? Maybe it originally WAS a Boys-style track that has been revamped into a 2010 sound...and I know i'm not alone in thinking a modernised Slave would be AMAZING.

2. Hard to say - don´t know, but I think it will be a fresh, brand new track.

3. It's hard to say because she hasn't actually RELEASED ANY MUSIC in a while. Her next album will determine whether she can stay current within music, if she comes up with something fresh that people love and a good image I don't see why she can't be relevant.

You only have to look at the anticipation for things like a Britney Glee episode to see she must still hold some relevancy.

I do think her place in the industry is changing, she isn't top dog anymore, she has lost a lot of the gloss that made her such a star. However, she has the fans, the amazing back catalogue, and the potential to become one of the greats if she plays her cards right.

As for Gaga, we'll have to wait and see if the public will tire of her sound and image, which considering how much she's packed into a short while, is highly likely. Her whole schtick will get dull pretty soon.

SORRY ABOUT THE ESSAY GUYS!!

4. I was talking to a Greek boy in Corfu last week about what English-speaking music he liked, and when we were asking him who he knew I asked him if he knew Britney. My cousin then comes in and said 'like he'll know Britney Spears, no one knows who she is!'

Um. What.

5. We all know Darkchild has remained a popular producer and has changed with the times, though. Pharrell, I have no clue...which is why I asked...which is also why you need to stop being so judgmental.

"It's Britney Spears" is not enough. She's still perfectly capable of coming out with complete crap, although you'd probably never see anything with her voice on it as such.

6. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as such..
    This whole thing about it will sound  like this or that was irritating me.

7. You are totally right Britney can turn a lame song to a big hit.

8. I think the only thing we can safley assume about the first single is it will be up-tempo and thats about it.

9. I'm praying that all of this single-news is not just random people winding each other up and inventing different pieces of info throughout the process.

I really want a new Britney-single now so she better release one in a month.

10. Honestl before all this glee stuff I would probably be like yeah its fake, but surely the managment must know how good promotion it is, plus with perfume as well, the era is beggining!

I don't care I'm getting my hopes up, and if it turns out to be fake I have Keisha Buchanan's album coming out soonish which will easily satisfy me.

11. I have no one esle... *sad face*

12. Me niether :(

I guess I could re listen to the whole Britney catalogue like I am doing at the moment.

13. Yes, That should ease the pain a bit.
    Thank God.

14. LJB

LJB

We don't know what anything is going to sound like so any discussions on the latter are indeed incredibly juvenile and pointless.

And this 'Where's Waldo' thing sounds like a really good idea. Having Britney just occasionally randomly pop up or be in the background I imagine. Very smart. She seems very hands on and proactive with this episode. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

15. J1

J1

I would love to hear her sing on the show or even dance. I know it's not going to happen but it still would be cool. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just grateful she's appearing at all.

16. She best act like the random dork she is.

17. I want it not even acknowledged, have a few Impersonators wandering about like the Madonna episode then realise after the episode which B is the real B??

18. TM

TM

Two new outtakes:
    [​IMG]
    Took a sip from my devil's cup

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.