Britney Spears

I just listened to the Confessions remix of Erotica (fantastic), then Breathe on Me then Touch of My Hand.

I'd really love a new "song to have sex" like those from Britney. We haven't had one of those since In The Zone. Heck, it was the only time she ever did it. BOM and TOMH are some of her best songs ever, and I'm pretty sure she agrees, seeing from her tours.

This Erotica remix is life changing. Much better than the original. And very closer ot Breathe On Me, I'd say.

APC said:
!jordan said:
APC said:
I honestly can't believe she has an album in the process of being put together. She's spotted shopping, going to starbucks and walking around with her bodyguard to God know's where almost every single day while everyone else is gluing everything together for her. I know she's only a muse for everyone elses work, but come on...

She's been working on it since July of last year. Sessions with Max Martin begun there - 3 was not the only track recorded. TSC was originally meant to have 6 new songs. That'll give you an idea of how much material she had, even back then.

We had no idea she was putting together a music video for 3 and it turned out she had been having meetings with stylists and makeup artists and the director without anyone knowing.

It IS possible to stealthily work on an album - it's what happened before internet discussions like this existed.

Do you seriously just make this shit up?

Er no? It's what we were told prior to release. It then went down to three tracks, then to one. Either they weren't finished in time or they wanted to save them for the new album.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Sorry, but everything you're "told" rarely (if ever) happens, and is never confirmed by anyone else.

APC said:
Sorry, but everything you're "told" rarely (if ever) happens, and is never confirmed by anyone else.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but plans and dates change. Constantly. Britney's team are very indecisive, especially with this project.

We do nothing but put our own time and effort into trying to ensure fans are informed about what's going on, and report what we're told. We gain nothing from it.

If you're one of the ignorant and ungrateful members who suggest we pull things like single covers, tour dates and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise out of thin air, I suggest you go to Exhale. The negativity really doesn't add to discussion in the slightest.

Back on topic.

I'd really love a new "song to have sex" like those from Britney. We haven't had one of those since In The Zone. Heck, it was the only time she ever did it. BOM and TOMH are some of her best songs ever, and I'm pretty sure she agrees, seeing from her tours.

I'd say expect a lot more of those songs. With Ryan Tedder saying 'Unusual You' was given to them as a reference point at the writers' camp to William Orbit being on board and Larry saying this was a 'progressive' sounding album, I'm thinking alot more atmospheric songs like BOM and TOMH will be on there.

Plus, Britney chooses to perform those two album tracks over Oops! and Stronger...she must have a serious love affair with them (and thank god for that).

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Not really meaning to sound "ignorant" or "ungrateful"; It always seems like such random news, especially since nobody else hears the same thing. In other words, you either have really unreliable sources or you're just incredibly lucky to be so close to the innerworkings of her team that you know information that even they're not sure about.

APC said:
Not really meaning to sound "ignorant" or "ungrateful"; It always seems like such random news, especially since nobody else hears the same thing. In other words, you have either have really unreliable sources or you're just incredibly lucky to be so close to the innerworkings of her team that you know information that even they're not sure about.

Again, sources are not unreliable, plans change. A hell of a lot. I really have no reason to lie and nor do Sony Australia, obviously. They tell us stuff they aren't meant to most of the time...and there's a lot of stuff we refrain from posting because it's prone to being changed every week. Get me? I'm harassed constantly about the same stuff, apologies if I sound uptight.

It was old news we're discussing anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway let's try and get this discussion back on topic, I hate OT discussion.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

!jordan said:
APC said:
Not really meaning to sound "ignorant" or "ungrateful"; It always seems like such random news, especially since nobody else hears the same thing. In other words, you have either have really unreliable sources or you're just incredibly lucky to be so close to the innerworkings of her team that you know information that even they're not sure about.

Again, sources are not unreliable, plans change. A hell of a lot. I really have no reason to lie and nor do Sony Australia, obviously. They tell us stuff they aren't meant to most of the time...and there's a lot of stuff we refrain from posting because it's prone to being changed every week. Get me? I'm harassed constantly about the same stuff, apologies if I sound uptight.

It was old news we're discussing anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway let's try and get this discussion back on topic, I hate OT discussion.

If I could direct my frustration at Jive themselves, I would. I'm sorry. Frankly, it pisses me off that they went from 6 new songs (?!) to one...on a crappy ass singles collection that didn't even feature all of her singles. And they continue to keep the ball rolling on this new album as slow as they can possibly get it. I just don't understand how they figure things.

Nah I get you and where you're coming from, and they know it too. TSC was a cheap album to knock one off the contract though. 3 wasn't even meant to have a music video but Britney pushed - probably why they had to settle for Martel as a director who is notoriously cheap. I'm guessing that Jive may not have wanted to pay for the extra tracks from Max, could be wrong.

As much as I want new material, the new album is sounding more and more promising.

William Orbit's in the studio writing with Benny Blanco (Circus) tonight, by the way - courtesy of Twitter. I'm guessing Britney's on the cards.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

!jordan said:
Nah I get you and where you're coming from, and they know it too. TSC was a cheap album to knock one off the contract though. 3 wasn't even meant to have a music video but Britney pushed - probably why they had to settle for Martel as a director who is notoriously cheap. I'm guessing that Jive may not have wanted to pay for the extra tracks from Max, could be wrong.

As much as I want new material, the new album is sounding more and more promising.

William Orbit's in the studio writing with Benny Blanco (Circus) tonight, by the way - courtesy of Twitter. I'm guessing Britney's on the cards.

I just don't get why they're so cheap with Britney. She is their bread and butter, and they've got to know that...yet they still act as if she's some "whatever" artist on their roster.

It was just with TSC. They spend millions upon millions on her main records.

I do think they need to prioritize her higher, though...Sony International's directive is always 'PINK PINK PINK'. I wish it was BRITNEY BRITNEY BRITNEY.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

!jordan said:
It was just with TSC. They spend millions upon millions on her main records.

I do think they need to prioritize her higher, though...Sony International's directive is always 'PINK PINK PINK'. I wish it was BRITNEY BRITNEY BRITNEY.

To be fair, Pink sells a lot more than Britney internationally speaking. But Britney is probably the highest selling and most popular female artist in the United States. (er...I dunno now that Lady Gaga sprung up, actually).

Britney needs to work with Hurts, my life would indeed be wonderful after that! They could definitely work some magic together, especially if Ryan Tedder was right in the direction they have.

Wasn't P!nk essentially a flop before Funhouse (excluding Mizunderstood ofcourse)? I never got the feeling they prioritize her over Britney. Does she really sell more than Brit internationally..? Australia and here perhaps, but..

I don't get it? Don't you have time for shopping when you're in the middle of recording an album?

Does getting a Frappuccino mean that the album gets delayed?

LewJB said:
Wasn't P!nk essentially a flop before Funhouse (excluding Mizunderstood ofcourse)? I never got the feeling they prioritize her over Britney. Does she really sell more than Brit internationally..? Australia and here perhaps, but..

I'm Not Dead still did considerably well and spawned two top 20s and one top 10 single. And yeah, from what I've heard, Sony's international directive is Pink is #1 priority.

Which pisses me off, but you know...I guess Britney's less of a priority because even if they don't do anything - like with 3 - they still get a #1 debut and a platinum single.

Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, the producer behind pop smashes like Ke$ha's "TiK ToK" and Katy Perry's "California Gurls," talked about the secrets to his chart achievements in a keynote Q&A at the Billboard Film & TV Music Conference. Of his many upcoming projects, the most anticipated might be Britney Spears' follow-up to 2008's "Circus," which he is executive-producing alongside Max Martin.

"She's an icon," Gottwald said of Spears. "She's been around for a while and always delivers, so there's a lot for us to live up to."

Dr. Luke, who co-produced and co-wrote the title track to "Circus," said that he has not yet met with Spears to begin working on the album. However, the producer told the audience that he already has a few ideas in mind that will help shift the pop star's musical style.

"I want [the sound] to get harder in some ways," said Gottwald, "and maybe a little more deep into electronic -- grimier."

Spears has reportedly finished three new songs for the album, although Gottwald said that there's no timetable for a release. "We're early in the process," he said.

http://www.billboard.com/news/britn...er-with-new-album-1004125464.story?tag=hpfeed

ColdasFire_Baby said:
Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, the producer behind pop smashes like Ke$ha's "TiK ToK" and Katy Perry's "California Gurls," talked about the secrets to his chart achievements in a keynote Q&A at the Billboard Film & TV Music Conference. Of his many upcoming projects, the most anticipated might be Britney Spears' follow-up to 2008's "Circus," which he is executive-producing alongside Max Martin.

"She's an icon," Gottwald said of Spears. "She's been around for a while and always delivers, so there's a lot for us to live up to."

Dr. Luke, who co-produced and co-wrote the title track to "Circus," said that he has not yet met
with Spears to begin working on the album. However, the producer told the audience that he already has a few ideas in mind that will help shift the pop star's musical style.

Early process? 4th quarter 2011 - heeeeeere we come

"I want [the sound] to get harder in some ways," said Gottwald, "and maybe a little more deep into electronic -- grimier."

Spears has reportedly finished three new songs for the album, although Gottwald said that there's no timetable for a release. "We're early in the process," he said.

http://www.billboard.com/news/britn...er-with-new-album-1004125464.story?tag=hpfeed