Britney Spears

meh. I loved Glory at first listen but it aged like milk left out in the sun. there are a couple songs I still go back to (thank you bonus tracks) but as a whole it's dull, poorly produced and doesn't feel like a Britney Spears album. there are no hits on Glory or essential tracks that casual fans can return to, which explains the poor numbers

Take “Britney” out of your username.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
I remember my Mitsubishi Eclipse that I bought that had the pre-installed sound package - 9 speakers and a subwoofer in the trunk and the sunroof - and just blasting "Mood Ring" as I drove around town. My god. The bass was amazing and having that album come out near the end of that first summer with my own apartment, my man, and my career just bussin... what a time. It's solidly in her top three and one of the best records to come out that year. A fantastic pop release.

there are no hits on Glory or essential tracks that casual fans can return to

Sorry but these are all certified hits in my eyes! If it wasn't for the five link limit I could have included more. Numerous songs from Glory make my Spotify Wrapped every year, one of her best albums and you can just tell she put a passion into it that wasn't there with Britney Jean and Femme Fatale.

Listening to it always takes me back to the summer of 2016 in the best way too, blasting Better in my car after leaving everything behind and moving across the state for a fresh start, it really captured that feeling of euphoria I felt at the time. It's definitely got a special place in my heart, for me it's up there with Blackout/In the Zone.

Sorry but these are all certified hits in my eyes! If it wasn't for the five link limit I could have included more. Numerous songs from Glory make my Spotify Wrapped every year, one of her best albums and you can just tell she put a passion into it that wasn't there with Britney Jean and Femme Fatale.

Listening to it always takes me back to the summer of 2016 in the best way too, blasting Better in my car after leaving everything behind and moving across the state for a fresh start, it really captured that feeling of euphoria I felt at the time. It's definitely got a special place in my heart, for me it's up there with Blackout/In the Zone.

Better sounds like a Meghan trainor song from the Thank you album. its so awfully generic and faceless lol, I hated it from the start..

Slumber party is a boring midtempo that was elevated by an above average (but also boring) video and ruined with a pointless feature. If I'm dancing is camp fun. I LOVE it! the album needed more songs like that. Mood Ring is overrated and fans only think highly of it because it was once a Japanese bonus track that you couldn't stream anywhere, but really it's nothing special and a total needed me rip off, which is another problem... a lot of the songs on Glory are just cheap sounding rip offs. Rihanna did it better. Selena did it better. Bieber did it better.

I really like Just like me and its concept. her voice sounds lovely. its very Britney era. but the chorus is just weak. but definitely one of the better songs on the album.

tl:dr: Love Britney but she can do way better than Glory. it brought nothing new to her discography. if it was deleted from spotify today nobody would notice

...............Glory, poorly produced?!
yes. most of it sounds like cheap 4th rate scraps from what Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez didn’t want.. like come on she went from Max Martin, Dr Luke (sorry for mentioning him), Stargate, Billboard, Darkchild and Bloodshy on Femme Fatale to Jason Evigan, Nick Monson, and Andrew Goldstein for Glory... like talk about cheap lol. Either her team was on a budget (likely) or the top producers simply didnt want to give her any material because she was no longer capable of getting hits (also likely)

and i didnt mean meghan's song with the same name but the vibe of the whole album. Better sounds like Me too

yes. most of it sounds like cheap 4th rate scraps from what Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez didn’t want.. like come on she went from Max Martin, Dr Luke (sorry for mentioning him), Stargate, Billboard, Darkchild and Bloodshy on Femme Fatale to Jason Evigan, Nick Monson, and Andrew Goldstein for Glory... like talk about cheap lol. Either her team was on a budget (likely) or the top producers simply didnt want to give her any material because she was no longer capable of getting hits (also likely)

Oh my god it just keeps getting worse

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his

and i didnt mean meghan's song with the same name but the vibe of the whole album. Better sounds like Me too
I sorely believe in people's right to determine their own truth, and I see you're well on your own journey. I wish you all that's meant for you!

Those were the hot producers of that time period though? Nick Monson was working with Gaga. Cashmere Cat was working with Ari. Jason Evigan was working with Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson and had just done a song with Madonna. Stargate and Billboard's moments had sort of passed already.