Britney Spears

he/him
Sometimes we forget we're talking about a woman dealing with severe mental health issues and unresolved trauma.

You of all people saying this after demanding Britney essentially be dragged back into the studio and calling her “lazy” only just a few weeks ago is hilarious. Should we go back and look?

considering the average person has to work their entire life just to be able to live, why would anyone say this about a millionaire who hasn't lifted a finger since the age of 35

you can be a fan of someone and still call them out on their behavior, i promise you that. im not resenting her for being rich, and it's true that she's the least offensive example of wealth inequality... but it's the "she's worked all her life" excuses that her fans come up with to justify her laziness that don't make any sense lol.

if you dont want to compare her to the average folk like you and i, thats fine. madonna is 65 and on a massive global tour. beyonce is 42 and also touring... im pretty sure they've been working their whole lives too yet somehow britney thinks she's too good to put the knives down, drive to the nearest studio and lay her vocals on a track. nothing weird or wrong about expecting a pop star to do the bare minimum. let's stop enabling her maybe?

never said that she should do that non-stop... i respect that she hates touring lol i would too but come on, it's been 7 years since her last album. yeah i get that a whole lot has happened since then, but the conservatorship was terminated 2 (!!) years ago and the things she's doing now are exactly what she did during the 2020 lockdown!

i love Britney. she doesn't owe me anything but as a longtime fan it's sad that her career went out like this. as if making a fool of herself on instagram every day and releasing 2 horrible flops in the past year isn't bad enough, now she wants to do a rejects album instead of evolving as an artist and doing something new and worthwhile. she's killing her legacy just like team con did back then. her fans who are happy with her turning into a living room act are lying to themselves.

this is exactly my point. it's her chance to put herself out there and do something amazing on her own terms but instead she's doing... whatever this cry for help is
britney.png

Seems like the only person who forgets we’re talking about a human being is you, my dear. Have a seat.

I would love a rarities album. The way she wrote about some of her albums like Glory or Blackout makes me believe she would be okay with going through her unreleased catalogue and maybe even curate a tracklist or give the label a shortlist they can flesh out. As for the artwork I'm pretty sure there are tonns of unreleased photos they can use. That way Britney gets out of her contract and the label gets a new album. Everybody wins!

I'm aware of my old posts, and yes, they came across as insensitive. However, that recent rant made me realize she's in no way capable of doing an album or pretty much anything besides twirling at the moment. The complete disregard for her career and her fans, and the way she's straight up talking to us like trash just because she saw some headlines about a possible new album... I can't. She still has so much pent-up anger and unresolved mental health issues that need to be addressed and taken care of before anything happens. She's not well, and I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's all fine, demanding dusty demos from 2006 to be released. I wish her the best on her healing journey. I'm glad the people in her inner circle are trying to step up and get her to do something instead of further enabling her, but her mental health comes first.

Disregard for her career and her fans???? Talking to us like trash????

This woman has been to absolute hell and back, recorded numerous albums she had very limited input in and then was also forced to tour for these albums on a global scale. Hell, rehearsals for the Vegas Residency were put on hold because she wanted to change a dance move. For someone with the username BritneyFree, you have very little comprehension of her situation and your tone suggests you have a little bit of contempt that she's not giving us a full ass era.

Let her "disregard" her career if she wants to, she owes us absolutely nothing. Yes as fans we miss Britney music, but real fans (something that you're not) understand if she chooses to retire and never record again, because at the end of the day it's about her happiness (something she has been robbed of so much already).

Go and read Britney's book. In-fact, just go and read any book because you're uneducated.

he/him
I'm aware of my old posts, and yes, they came across as insensitive. However, that recent rant made me realize she's in no way capable of doing an album or pretty much anything besides twirling at the moment. The complete disregard for her career and her fans, and the way she's straight up talking to us like trash just because she saw some headlines about a possible new album... I can't. She still has so much pent-up anger and unresolved mental health issues that need to be addressed and taken care of before anything happens. She's not well, and I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's all fine, demanding dusty demos from 2006 to be released. I wish her the best on her healing journey. I'm glad the people in her inner circle are trying to step up and get her to do something instead of further enabling her, but her mental health comes first.

Please. Let's not act like you're actually concerned about her well being. Every single one of your posts, including this one, have been nothing but condescending and backhanded towards Britney. Not to mention your bizarre treatment of her as if she's some incapable child. Nothing you've posted in here has been in good faith. I don't know who I need to reach out to to get you removed from this thread permanently, but trust that I will be looking into it. You're rotten.

And who are you to judge somebody else's mental health? This is low.

Disregard for her career and fans is exactly what this is, how can you even deny it at this point? Did we read the same post? This is just another Instagram rambling similar to what she's posted about her family and even her own children. "Just so we clear"... what's with the attitude? If any other pop star talked to her fans the way she does the would be dragged accordingly. No one can force her to do an album but this was basically a big "fuck you" to her entire fan base. She can take it up with her team for setting up studio sessions (what a sin!) and not us.

I bought the book. Read it twice. Thank you.

"Any other popstar" hasn't been through 13 years of absolute fuckery.

There's so much more I could say in response to this but I'm not going to waste my breath because, well, you're obviously an idiot.

He/Him
7Mrn.gif

Anyways...

I think that a rarities/unreleased album could be a really nice way for Britney to reclaim parts of her earlier career where perhaps she felt like she didn't have total control over choices that were being made. Even pre-conservatorship, she occasionally mentioned in interviews having to fight for a particular song to be included on an album, or generally alluded to having to compromise with the label on track lists or single choices (which is obviously something all artists have to grapple with), such that I am fairly confident she has an album's worth of stuff she would have liked to release if she'd been given free rein. That is something I would be very interested in hearing.

And please GOD, let Strangest Love and State Of Grace be on any such hypothetical release or I will die in a pit of despair.

he/him
I would love to see the release of songs like "Bring Me Home". She used to bring that one up all the time in Britney era interviews as being her favorite, only for it to not see the light of day on the album or even as a bonus track down the line. There's also the "Touch of My Hand" demo that was described as Britney reading passages from Alice in Wonderland. Something about that description always seemed so interesting to me. I think Sony would jump at the chance to put out anything with her at this point, so she could honestly leverage for complete control over the song selection and the artwork.